A couple of dandies

salmonchaser

Handloader
Dec 13, 2013
Went scouting today, found a couple of keepersIMG_2490.JPGIMG_2498.JPG
Also found a couple of good bucks but couldn't get photos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, yeah, those two will do for anyone serious about hunting elk. Great photos.

Wow. Those look impressive to me. Would those be considered above average bulls in the current hunting environment?

Dan

IMG_2489.JPG
Dan my first impression of this bull was he had great mass, but a little short; however in this area a very average set of main beams. This pic also shows his tines, g1,2&3 are basically straight. IMG_2491.JPG
The G4&5th on the left side are forked, good length.
He is an old bull, walked like every step hurt. Good character.
In this area it takes about 18 years to draw a big bull tag, you would be nuts to pass on this one.
When I drew this tag I passed several young bulls like the second one. I saw better bulls but couldn't get on them. On day 10 I killed one distinctly similar and was happy. IMG_2496.JPGIMG_2497.JPG

So I just learned the bull I was after a couple of years ago ran out of luck during archery season. The only shot I had at him was a Texas heart shot at 400 yards. Still don't regret not taking the shot, but damn that's a hell of a bull. 468 inches. IMG_2500.JPG
The year before I drew the tag I had him at 15 feet.

A beautiful specimen, without a doubt. The bow hunter is to be congratulated on a great trophy.

What a tremendous bull Oregon might not be on par with AZ. or UT. but we still grow some great bulls. World class bull any where.

Back