30 caliber nosler bonded performance 168 gr.

Feb 21, 2016
can't seem to find info on someone who hunted with this bullet

I have a 308 winchester and like round nose but nobody make a bonded round nose and this nosler come close to what I want

it will be used on moose

info would be appreciated

thanks

I don't like seeing this question from a member just sitting here with no response.

However, I don't have any personal experience with the 168 gr Nosler bonded bullet. I think it's new enough that most of us probably haven't used it yet. Seems to me that it's similar to, but much bigger than the .224" bonded bullet offered - which has been quite successful.

Not likely the info you need. Sorry. But... Perhaps someone here has used these?

Regards, Guy

Ditto Guy. No experience with the 168 bonded. I don’t believe Nosler considers it a hunting bullet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking at the manual #8,

Should be a hammer. Bonded like AccuBond

Great weight retention

With that flat face, I think it would expand nicely.

They talk about straight line penetration so they are thinking hunting.

mjcmichigan":2dmccp3g said:
Ditto Guy. No experience with the 168 bonded. I don’t believe Nosler considers it a hunting bullet.

I think I confused it with custom competition..

Most of the folks here are bolt gun shooters and the bonded performance is more of an autoloader bullet, it's also fairly new.

What rifle and what game are you pursuing? At what range do you anticipate shooting?

I see no reason it wouldn't make a good hunting bullet. It will shed velocity faster than a spitzer, but admittedly that isn't a big deal until ranges get fairly long for a hunting application.

I'd say you are GTG..It was designed to feed better in AR platforms and provide for a deep penetrating, wide expanding bullet with high weight retention. I see no reason why it would't work just as well in a bolt gun. It's little brother worked extremely well in my brothers 5.56 on his hog hunt. Be sure to let us know how it does for you. Like someone said, its pretty new so reports on how it works on game may be a little slow coming in..And the high number of bolt gun users already have a well proven bullet with the same properties in the Partition.

I think he motivated me to load it in 3006 for white tail in November.

Max range, 100 yards. I need to drop em as the neighbors are not friendly.

Shoulder shots preferred.

Shopping now...

mjcmichigan":1bl14txv said:
I think he motivated me to load it in 3006 for white tail in November.

Max range, 100 yards. I need to drop em as the neighbors are not friendly.

Shoulder shots preferred.

Shopping now...

A little harder to get those than I thought. A couple of my normal go to places don’t carry them. I really like that bullets shape for Michigan. Only farmers get to shoot over 200 yards..

Back