"Enough"

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Yup, figured it out this morning. I've reached "enough" for big game hunting this season. The freezers are just about bursting. If my son gets a buck this coming week, we will have trouble finding freezer space for it.

So... I'm not pulling the trigger on any big game animal here in Washington this year, unless it's trying to eat me. :grin:

Besides... Clark and I are getting real eager to head out for chukar & pheasant!

1BVdd9Kl.jpg

ubm1FDjl.jpg

7cCGAiQl.jpg

Guy, congratulations on your WY hunt, very well done

I love bird hunting, possibly even more than big game hunting, so I envy you and clark still being young enough and healthy enough to do so--have fun.

When I was young and healthy and we had "filled the freezer" we would also enjoy bird hunting, but we also looked forward to November each year so we could on a mountain lion hunt. You can still do so in Arizona and Mexico Guy and it is a lot of fun. We also always planned our trips to Africa and/or Alaska, after we hoped the freezer was full, and I know you wanted to go to Africa and you enjoyed your trip to Alaska, only this time maybe a coastal bear hunt and you could put your 375 H & H to work on either hunt-----just food for thought

Yup! Hopefully my son will get some time off work to hunt mule deer next week. If so, I'll go with him.

Then.. it's birds!

And yes, the mountain lion season is open, I have a tag, and I'll be seeking one this winter. No dogs can be used here, so it will be on foot & snowshoe, predator call & rifle.

Great excuse to get out for a good snowshoe hike every week, all winter!

Guy

Guy do you ever can any of your deer meat? We can whitetails and they are very good, quick and easy meal. Taking up space on the shelf not the freezer. Just a thought. Dan.

wvbuckbuster":2n11ijb8 said:
Guy do you ever can any of your deer meat? We can whitetails and they are very good, quick and easy meal. Taking up space on the shelf not the freezer. Just a thought. Dan.

Never have. Really don't know anything about it. Perhaps time to learn? Or, can just enjoy it from the freezer, as usual.

Kinda feeling like two animals is "enough" for me though. If my son John wants to hunt though, I'll accompany him.

Guy

Beautiful pheasant photos Guy! I saw your photos of Mule deer and speed goat. Still looking for the tale. You have done well! Cant blame you for wanting to pursue those ringnecks. This year If I can get out, that will be "enough", I hope. Hope your experiences were as good as the photo's. CL

PS - With the artist's permission, I'm gonna use one of those pheasant photo's as my wall paper. :) CL

Sounds like a great season Guy! We just finished our last Moose hunts, and are right in the middle of our grouse hunts. Here are a few that folks have taken.WoodcockIMG_0210_01~3.jpg
Grouse:IMG_4430.jpg
Dogs are tuned up now, lots of big fun.IMG_20181006_161733_01~2.jpg
Glad you are having a successful season. Keep up the good work and try canning some deer meat! Its simple,
Get some widemouth Ball jars, fill em with meat put one teaspoon of salt on top , put covers on but not tight.
Place in preasure cooker for 1hr at 15lbs preasure. Remove and place on towels on counter. Done! Falls apart when you take it out. You will love it. Better than burger in spaghetti sauce, mexican etc. Nice just in a wrap with mayo and lettuce little onion, salt n pepper. Bet you like it.
E

Back