Video - archery bear hunt & charge...

Ya, I like archery, but I think I'll stick to deer & small game, not giant brown bears... :shock:

Good thing he had backup, that first shot looked like it was low in the guts and in the dead picture there it looks like stomach membrane pushed out of it's side.

To hunt a brown bear with a bow, I would prefer to be 20' up a big tree!
Just looks like too much "fun" for me...

Not sure why the guide kept the rangefinder in his hand so long...I would have had my hand on the grip and finger on the trigger the whole time! But that's just me! LOL

Blkram":2fnxe08l said:
To hunt a brown bear with a bow, I would prefer to be 20' up a big tree!
Just looks like too much "fun" for me...

Not sure why the guide kept the rangefinder in his hand so long...I would have had my hand on the grip and finger on the trigger the whole time! But that's just me! LOL

I was wondering the same thing.

Seemed like a scoped rifle was a distinct disadvantage at the distance they were hunting.
I think those guys were quite lucky to have escaped injury under the circumstances.

While we do not really know about the scope on the guide's rifle, my guess is any Alaskan guide experienced in hunting brown bears, would have a low powered scope on his backup rifle, capable of dealing with such up and close encounters. It is obvious he knows how to use it and where to place his shot in such a circumstance, and that it was in an appropriate caliber and bullet combination, as it decidedly ended the charge, as it should.

Blkram":21mge5ti said:
While we do not really know about the scope on the guide's rifle, my guess is any Alaskan guide experienced in hunting brown bears, would have a low powered scope on his backup rifle, capable of dealing with such up and close encounters. It is obvious he knows how to use it and where to place his shot in such a circumstance, and that it was in an appropriate caliber and bullet combination, as it decidedly ended the charge, as it should.

Agreed.

I have no experience with all this put I also wondered why he has a range finder in his hand plus I thought that rifle being 6 inches for the bow hunters ear was interesting. But all is well that ends well

Back