Granddaughter got her elk

Arizona
7mm-08 Camilla
150 Scirocco
6 x 42 Leupold
242 yards
6/7 year old Bull ( 6 point )
with her mother, father and uncle
still in the mountains as they have one more tag to fill ( I think my son --her uncle)

This is her second elk

Next Stop Spain and maybe as early as Thanksgiving

The girl is serious AND determined to fill her bucket list before I kick the bucket

Congratulations to your granddaughter. A great cartridge and a great bullet combined with fine riflery will inevitably result in meat in the freezer. We're pulling for her to tag a fine ibex when she gets to Spain. Will you accompany her, April?

Congratulations to your granddaughter and her hunting partners/family. Sounds like some nice shooting to make all her family proud. Wish her luck in Spain.

Thank you David, Dr Mike, Allen, Don

Dr Mike--sort of-- lol -- We will fly in and meet in Madrid. Take a town car ( probably four hours ) to the hunting lodge, which is where we will stay. I will stay at the lodge and she will go out each day and come back each night--unless they decide to spike camp for some reason. Depending on the transportation and accommodations depends on whether I will be physically able to go any further than the lodge. Very rugged area, so I am guessing I will remain at the lodge. She will bring the same set up plus a spotting scope. it is a 4 day hunt --unless she needs more time to succeed and then we will pay by the day and she will miss a day or two of school. I will try to buy an open return ticket from Spain back to Arizona, so we have some flexibility ( unfortunately this may not be possible because she is bringing a firearm)--but if she scores early we can always explore Madrid and/or Barcelona-------I know-- I know--- way to much information AND it is not exactly roughing it in the mountains like you fellows do.

Congratulations! I can’t wait to see some pictures. Since I missed hunting this year I have to hunt vicariously thru all of you.

How difficult is it to hunt in Europe? I’m imagining it brings a whole new series of red tape to bring a firearm across the pond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations to your granddaughter. She is fortunate to have you as a mentor. “The girl is serious AND determined....” is this a trait she inherited from her grandmother? LOL
What a blessing everyone can get together in Spain and enjoy the hunt and family.
You are truly blessed.
Duane

David, Duane, Bear, thank you

Duane, maybe lol

Bear, depends on the country , but Spain is not to bad, but yes a lot of paperwork for sure. The hunting lodge also helps with the paperwork. She could rent a rifle, but part of her plan is to accomplish all these hunts with the rifle her grandmother bought her. Plus that little Camilla fits her like a glove.

as an aside, at this point after the Spain hunt is completed, the moose and kudu will possibly be next in line, as we have invitations from a couple of nice people

April, you are not looking for an adopted son, are you :-D
Very cool, I envy your grand-doughter!
We are waiting for stories an pictures!
Hope my boys get it right some day and I will be able to take them - and someday the grand-children - out hunting

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI VNS-L31 mit Tapatalk

Very nice!

This thread could use a pic or two as an improvement!

Congrats to your grandaughter on her elk, and best of luck on the ibex.
Glad to hear that you will be able to make the trip, if not the hunt.
Been watching a number of ibex hunting shows from Spain. She should enjoy the experience. Which species of ibex is she going to be hunting?
Nice to know that she values the gift (rifle) you got her and wants to create memories with it and you.

Congrats to your Granddaughter!! What a cool way to honor her Grandma. Pics will be required. CL

Congratulations to your granddaughter on her elk and best of luck to her getting her ibex

JD338

thank you gentlemen,

She emailed me and ask me to thank all of you after she read this thread. Thank you

Gil--Beceite She didn't necessarily choose this one, but it was chosen because of a contact I had with the guide/lodge and was able to somewhat make this hunt a little more of a "custom" hunt. We will be going during the rut and before the big snows, so if all go well her mother and her will be able to pack in via horseback to the spike camp, at least that is our goal Gil. I will remain at the main lodge. Again probably more than anyone wanted to know lol

noslerpartition --I also hope your boys are able to hunt with you. and your grandchildren. The problem with me adopting anyone at my age is the joke would be on them, as I am just minutes away from needing full time care lol. But like cloverleaf says--I refuse to hold down a recliner.

Rol--thanks again

Europe":u14fzy4x said:
thank you gentlemen,

She emailed me and ask me to thank all of you after she read this thread. Thank you

Gil--Beceite She didn't necessarily choose this one, but it was chosen because of a contact I had with the guide/lodge and was able to somewhat make this hunt a little more of a "custom" hunt. We will be going during the rut and before the big snows, so if all go well her mother and her will be able to pack in via horseback to the spike camp, at least that is our goal Gil. I will remain at the main lodge. Again probably more than anyone wanted to know lol

noslerpartition --I also hope your boys are able to hunt with you. and your grandchildren. The problem with me adopting anyone at my age is the joke would be on them, as I am just minutes away from needing full time care lol. But like cloverleaf says--I refuse to hold down a recliner.

Rol--thanks again
April, from what I read, we will be hard-pressed to outlive you.
That being said with just 3 days over 46....

If she sets her sights on boar, maybe a driven hunt, drop me a line and I will see if I can assist.

Enjoy Spain!

Frank

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI VNS-L31 mit Tapatalk

That's awesome April!

Very cool to see more women in the sport. I love stories like this to share with my kids..... girls do hunt, and they are good at it. Your granddaughter helps me reinforce that with them!

Congratulations to your Granddaughter. Wishing her the best on the ibex. I bet you will greatly enjoy spending time at the lodge with your granddaughter.

Dan

Back