Daughters Utah buck

Silentstalker

Handloader
Jun 2, 2011
My daughter was able to shoot this buck yesterday late afternoon. Shot was about 80 yards slightly quartering broadside. Savage 7mm-08 120 gr. Ballistic tip handloads. Buck only made it about 20 yards.

No bullet recovery as it passed thru. I will add a couple of entry and exit hole pics for those who want to see them.
72b910fffd02a78c0e1fdf3de1002c97.jpg
1333974898ae38de0d38c51269adcebe.jpg
373221a0c915d8d03f390356261459e4.jpg

Congratulations to the huntress! She did well. A fine buck for her.

Congratulations to your daughter! Nice shooting with a great cartridge.

Was this her first deer?

AFG270":2b8gti8e said:
Congratulations to your daughter! Nice shooting with a great cartridge.

Was this her first deer?

Thank you everyone! Actually this was her second deer. She killed one with a muzzy 2 years ago. She also shot a cow elk with this rifle last year. She is a great shot and loves to get out and hunt!

She told me yesterday she wants to hunt bear!

Let me know when she's ready for bear. I know a very good guide on the peninsula, he'll get her into a big Grizz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations to your daughter on her buck. She made a great shot!

JD338

OUTSTANDING! :)

Congrats to the young hunter and her mentor. ;)

I'm impressed that an 80 yard shot was made in what looks like pretty open terrain. Nice. I like shorter shots, despite my tendency to shoot farther.

Guy

salmonchaser":2pxf9wbe said:
Let me know when she's ready for bear. I know a very good guide on the peninsula, he'll get her into a big Grizz.

Thanks again guys!

Salmon chaser, I think we will start her out on a blackie but one day... that would be unforgettable!

7mm08 is a thumper. Very nice shooting.

Congratulations to your daughter!
She’s a fine Huntress!

Nice to see another young Lady do well. Gotta love them smiles. Congrats to you both! CL

Congratulations to your daughter and her mentor. I love the smiles. It just get any better than those kinds of days with your children.

Dan

Please congratulate your daughter for me a on a very nice Buck :wink:.
Those 7mm-08 are really a great calibre as I see more & more of them being used here in the great white north :shock:.
I believe that hunting with young people especially family is just about as good as it can get (y).
Thank you for the post and photos.

Blessings,
Dan

Back