Bear vs. bear

bdbrown66

Handloader
May 16, 2016
Not exactly hunting, but I wasn't sure where else to post it. Pretty intense video of a grizzly digging a sow black bear and her cubs out of their den. One of the cubs makes a break for it, and judging by the sounds, does not survive the experience. The sow and other cubs manage to retreat in the opposite direction.

Just a reminder that Nature is, in reality, a cold, harsh place, and not soft and fuzzy as some would like to believe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziib-MZ5IXY

Pretty cool video of reality for life as a bear. That grizz looks to be in pretty good shape. He definitely wasn't going to miss out on that meal. That video was shot not far from where I live; Whitecourt is in my immediate vicinity.

One of these days I’m gonna have to finally load some partitions. It’s one bullet I have never tried. Gonna have to see if I can change that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cleveland48":9u0x6z46 said:
One of these days I’m gonna have to finally load some partitions. It’s one bullet I have never tried. Gonna have to see if I can change that

I'm not getting the connection. Planning a bear hunt?

bdbrown66":1l8tyui8 said:
Cleveland48":1l8tyui8 said:

Haha my bad wrong thread.

Cleveland48":2n3d434b said:
bdbrown66":2n3d434b said:
Cleveland48":2n3d434b said:

Haha my bad wrong thread.

Partitions work well on bears! :) Wrong thread or not!

Guy

Yes, nature is not the warm fuzzy world that Disney depicts in Bambi and other cartoons.

Bears are predators, and wil predate on each other whenever the opportunity presents itself, and yes, grizzlies often hunt black bears, and polar bears wil hunt grizzly bears, where their territories overlap and/or coincide.

Mature boars (of any species) will kill the cubs for food, as well as to bring the sow back into heat so that he can breed her during their mating seasons. In fact, the highest occurence of bears predating on cubs happens in unhunted populations where there are more mature boars. It is proven that hunted bear populations have a better cub survival rate and healthier overall populations of bears.

Thanks Gil.

I appreciate the extra comment. That Sow and cubs were a decent size, but no match for that grizzly.

I bet that sow wishes she had some loaded partitions for home invaders!

Lol. Hate auto correct. Some how it change sow into doe! Lol

Nature a lot of the time is not as pretty as people want it to be.
My first bear hunt, I shot a cinnamon sow that did not come in with her cub and of course as I started towards the sow the cub came in trying to get her to leave. I have not hunted bear since, I had a second tag and anchored the cub as I knew he would not survive being a first year :cry:.
It wasn't a proud moment as I should have waited longer, I thought it was a young Boar.

Blessings,
Dan

Back