Another Oregon Dandy

18 preference points to draw the tag, how patient are you Rodger?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

salmonchaser":b60h3gp0 said:

Great bull! And yes, some tags take a loooong time to draw. If ever.

Guy

salmonchaser":2yjjr15g said:

I waited a long time just to get the opportunity to hunt out west and it just happened to draw a tag for Elk,Mule deer and White tail. I just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time while I was there since I went out cold turkey and didn't know the area I was hunting in. Saw plenty of game just not game I could or wanted to shoot ( white tail deer, Elk on private property along with Mule deer )
18 preference points would be a long wait and probably would be too old to hunt by the time I acquired them if my health or mother nature didn't get me first. :)>)

A truly great bull. Don and I hunt in different units that both share a common boundary. Bulls like this are common to both areas, but I think the Oregon State Record came from unit I hunt. I do not apply for points as I will not live long enough to draw one, nor probably be in the physical shape necessary to do it well. I did get my spike on Saturday morning, he was 2.5 miles from the trail head and 1200 feet up. We covered 9 miles getting all of him out. All and all a fairly easy pack and hunt. I am headed to AZ in three weeks.

Elkman":3dsmte7g said:
A truly great bull. Don and I hunt in different units that both share a common boundary. Bulls like this are common to both areas, but I think the Oregon State Record came from unit I hunt. I do not apply for points as I will not live long enough to draw one, nor probably be in the physical shape necessary to do it well. I did get my spike on Saturday morning, he was 2.5 miles from the trail head and 1200 feet up. We covered 9 miles getting all of him out. All and all a fairly easy pack and hunt. I am headed to AZ in three weeks.
IMG_0211.JPG
427 inch taken by another neighbor in Bills unit

Nice bull for sure. Congratulations to your friend.

JD338

Well, "Dandy" is one way to describe that bull. Trophy would work, as well. Truly a magnificent bull.

Wow! That is a trophy for sure. Congratulations to your friend. Echoing DrMike "Truly a magnificent bull."

The 427 bull is the one Bill mentioned, No1 Oregon non typical. Taken in the Mt. Emily unit, Bills area.

WOW that is a true Giant of a Elk :shock:.
Thank you for the photo :wink:.

Blessings,
Dan

IMG_2617.JPG
IMG_2618.JPG
A couple more views of Paul's bull. No idea what the score is yet.

Those are sure great pictures. They will stir the blood on the most sedentary hunter. Again, all that one can say, is "WOW!"

Looking at this last photo and closing my eyes I can hear him making a challenge bugle and the hair on the back of my neck is just standing :shock:.
What a honour it would be to have the opportunity to harvest such a magnificent Elk (y).
Thank you again for this post and photos.

Blessings,
Dan

Wow! I would be considered the greenest of green elk hunter, but I know mass when I see it, and that dude got it! What a great bull.

Back