Montana whitetai

laker

Beginner
Jun 25, 2006
Went out to do chores and this guy was creeping across a block management stubble field. Told myself even though he wasn’t what I was looking for that if he was still there after I was done doing chores I’d make a move on him since it was the last day I’d get to deer hunt this year. Sure enough he was still out in the stubble field. I grabbed the wife’s 6.5-06 as that’s what was in the pickup. Ranged him at 483 yards. Got settled in and touched it off. Didn’t quite give enough wind and the 140 berger took him through the liver but shrapneled his lungs too. He made a 30 yard dash and down he went.

Also came over a hill and found an antelope buck that had tried to jump the fence and hung his leg. He hadn’t been there long as he was still full of piss and vinegar. Took some prying with a crescent wrench and a piece of 1” square tubing to get the wires spread enough to push his leg back through. Was a bit of a rodeo with me having to dive out of the way once he came loose and decided running my direction was a good idea

whitetail.jpg

Yep! Nice buck, I really like the Stickers. Those are pretty big!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good whitetail and a good deed on the antelope. Congratulations.

Setting that antelope loose was great! Thanks.

Nice buck and good shooting too!

Congratulations on a nice Whitetail buck and I am sure he will provide some great table fare this coming winter.
Also helping the Antelope is always a good thing :wink:
Thank you for the post & photo.

Blessings,
Dan

Back