Big Maine Bucks coming in!

35 Whelen

Handloader
Dec 22, 2011
Here is a couple of mature Bucks, that have been harvested recently here. First one is rumored to weigh 280lbs. 2nd one was weighed at 272 lbs. Both these are well over
300lb deer on the hoof. Most can easily see if your firmilar
With 175lb field dressed deer these are both Beautys.IMG951590.jpgIMG951591~2.jpg

Love seeing those big Mainer bucks E! Keep them coming!

I have gotta trek north to try my hand at them big beasts one of these years!

Scotty only 5 above here this morning...... Lakes are all froze over now, soposed to get 5/8" here tomorrow. Get your ass up here and I will put you right onto the track of one big as either of these.

35 Whelen":qekgcjin said:
Scotty only 5 above here this morning...... Lakes are all froze over now, soposed to get 5/8" here tomorrow. Get your ass up here and I will put you right onto the track of one big as either of these.

Can a Non-Resident buy an OTC buck tag up there?

How long does your season run until?

Right over the counter! Think its like $120.....
Season ends week from Sat
Your welcome to hotfoot it right up, should here good
Tracking snow right thru the end

Earle those are a couple of dandy Whitetail :wink:. Our season start this coming Tuesday so we are heading to the farm on Monday morning (y).
Man I would be happy to have either one of those bucks in my cross-hairs :shock:.
Scotty it is hard to turn down a invitation like that Bud (y).

Thank you for the post and photos.

Blessings,
Dan

Fine looking specimen, E. Anyone would be proud to tag one of those brutes.

35 Whelen":2mynw0k2 said:
Right over the counter! Think its like $120.....
Season ends week from Sat
Your welcome to hotfoot it right up, should here good
Tracking snow right thru the end

I would actually be all over it, but I am headed to NY for Thanksgiving with the family. Didn't even dawn on me to think of Maine before E posted that picture. Need to keep that ol codger closer!

Man O man! I'm with Scotty, that would be something to kill a true Northern bruiser that's double the size of what most people including me are used to. Keep em coming E, I truly enjoy just seeing pictures of buck like that. (y)

We are soposed to get another 6" of snow tonite so will now be able to relocate these
Bucks. Got one on camera that has a big foot and I waz sure probably over 200lbs
But photo shows him to have short lenght of beam......... Screenshot_2018-11-15-19-37-30~2.pngSo have crossed him off
The list.

You sure do have some big whitetail bucks up there. My goodness!

Best of luck to the hunters.

Got two more yesterday! One of the guides 240.Resized952018111495074546951024.jpg
While this a younger buck its a very special one! This is my sisters boy with his first buck ever!!!IMG_7874.jpg 188lbs.

Good lord the head on that deer is as big as my spike elk. Congratulations to your nephew on his first deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats to all on the successes so far. Never gets old looking at big deer.

Earle, I see that top pic of your last post looks like a Rem 760 rifle. What caliber is a favorite up there for the big deer?

Those are assuredly a couple of fine looking deer. Congratulations to your nephew. Was his uncle guiding him?

Well that 760 is a 35 Whelen! But I would say 3006 is still the king! Mike not actually guiding but " coaching" lol...
All my sister can say is "Dad would have been soooo pleased"

Congratulations of some fine big deer. Those brutes makes my South Texas whitetails look like whatchamacallit. (y)

Back