With the camera- Deer pics

cloverleaf

Handloader
Sep 10, 2006
I pretty much "struck out" during my day of "hunting" this year. Saw two does but no shots. However, my wife and I frequent a "spot" here in the Metro area just to look for deer. Took my camera along the other night for some "trigger time". This doe and two fawns really had my heart rate up. The buck was a decent eight point but it was getting so dark and he was 200 yds +. My camera couldn't draw enough light. CL

The Buck:

The Doe:

Another shot:

one more:

Too bad on the buck. However, those are really neat shots of the doe. She is certainly a lovely creature, with a genuine look of intelligence. Love looking at these beautiful creatures that grace our world. Thanks for posting, Troy.

Troy, those are great photos of the does. From what I can see, that is a very nice buck. Too bad you didn't have more light. Hunting with a camera can be a lot fun.

Troy, nice job getting the does to stand and pose for you... What is your secret? :grin:
My sister lives in a Village in western NY which is off limits to any hunting and there is a herd of 4 or 5 does that could care less about me coming and going from her house when they want to feed on the neighbor's lawn just a few feet away.
Thanks for sharing and keep the camera at the ready.....

"Troy, nice job getting the does to stand and pose for you... What is your secret? :grin:"

A Digital camera...and lots of photo's. Can you imagine how much 35mm it would take to catch those?!? :eek: Seriously, these are "city deer". They aren't really scared of much. (except maybe the occasional coyote- haven't pulled the trigger on one of them yet) They are living in the suburbs on approx. 100 acres of former and sometimes still farmed land currently owned by the Target Corp. Some corn or soybeans each year, old groves, strawberry fields, apple trees and lots of fallow ground and field edges. Perfect for WT's until they pave and build on all of it. Only one or two "streets" in all of it which helps a lot. If you know where they cross it....they stand still. It shares a border w/ a county park that they open to hunting occasionally. Thanks for the kind words.
PS Caught this one a few years back through the windshield. Only live drop tine I've ever seen I think. Think some one "stuck" this one. He disappeared that fall. Things haven't been "this good" since but still fun.

Bad Pick of the biggest WT Ive ever seen on the hoof....Grrr

Check out the tall tines on that old boy. Never could tell if he was an 8 or a 10.

CL

Back