Got it bad!

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Went chukar hunting this morning. No birds found, but it was a glorious and strenuous walk in the hills with dog & shotgun. Saw a few mule deer. Came home and took a nap.

Woke up, realized that I'd been dreaming about mule deer hunting - and I mean in detail!

Took me a moment to realize that no, I had not been mule deer hunting. I wasn't cutting the antlers off the skull, I hadn't just cut and wrapped a bunch of meat... I mean DANG, at first I had been utterly convinced that I was mule deer hunting, again.

Yup, I think muley fever is either lingering from October, or hit real early! :grin:

Guy

Ah, yes, as Patrick McManus has noted, 'tis a "fine and pleasant misery" you have there, Guy.

Guy,

I experienced a similar dream like you had earlier this year, except mine involved coyote hunting.
I was back in the mountains in between Cheyenne and Laramie, Wyoming.
It was so vivid, I remember feeling the breeze on my face, smelling the pine trees, and feeling the sun coming up over the ridge.
And then I woke up, and realized I wasn't there.....sigh!

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Been there many times..Try and try as I might, I could never fall back asleep and pick up where I left off..
:lol:

My dreams are tailored more toward looking like I once did in that picture Earle posted or even being back at that clothes option beach in Greece with Fotis ( who remembers the picture Fotis posted ?)--but I can not remember ever once dreaming a bout a Mule deer lol

HAWKEYESATX":2qrrma3a said:
Guy,

I experienced a similar dream like you had earlier this year, except mine involved coyote hunting.
I was back in the mountains in between Cheyenne and Laramie, Wyoming.
It was so vivid, I remember feeling the breeze on my face, smelling the pine trees, and feeling the sun coming up over the ridge.
And then I woke up, and realized I wasn't there.....sigh!

Ya, it was pretty realistic. Remember that smell when bone is cut? I was smelling that in my dream!

Really thought I was hunting mule deer. The buck I'd shot wasn't huge, just a nice size mulie and we were all looking forward to the steaks.

Such a deal. Ya, good dream for sure.

Guy

Guy,

Yes, bone being cut, and the smell of warm blood. Distinctive smells, and not hard to dream about after having the experience.

Plus, Mulies have there own distinct smell, as well.

Bringing back good memories Guy!
May you have more dreams like that.

Back