Anybody hunt iguanas in Puerto Rico?

IdahoCTD

Handloader
Nov 4, 2004
We are headed there next month for a family vacation and I'm going to take my boys iguana hunting. It's done with air rifles so the boys will be able to shoot one no problem even though they are only 6 and 7. I have to compromise with the wife because she loves the beach and I could care less if I ever go to another beach but if I can find stuff to shoot along the way I'm all over it. They also have bioluminescent algae in 2 places down there. There are only 5 places in the world with it. It looks pretty cool. If I can keep from sweating to death it should be fun.

Ah... no. Some of my Marines ran 'em down, captured them and posed for photos with them when we were in Panama.

But no, never hunted iguanas.

Guy

On Curacao I could have used stones - or just tried to grab them...
Good luck!
4bc400bf10ab875896d3d7f6373b67ab.jpg

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI VNS-L31 mit Tapatalk

Well, it's kinda like everyone who has never eaten bear saying it tastes like pork. Of course, it tastes like ... bear!

I might try some. I'm sure I will get trophy pictures with the kids. I've seen videos of them pushing 6 feet long. That should make for some good pictures with my 4-4.5' tall kids.

I don't expect it to be much of a challenge. The last time we were in Mexico you could of used a golf club or ball bat on them but it's something to break up the beach thing for me. I'm not a 80+* days and 80-90% humidity person. I like it dry and I love to hunt. That is why I live where I live. The beach is the wife's thing and if I have to go I want to have my own kind of fun. That is why I went axis deer hunting on Lanai for a few days last year while the wife and kids stayed on Maui. When the boys are big enough I'll go back and take them axis deer hunting and leave the wife on Maui. Now to see what kind of fishing is available too. :mrgreen:

Yup, my wife and I have different ideas of what a vacation consists of too...

Our solution must be working, 37 years later. Dang...

Enjoy! Looking forward to some Trophy Iguana photos. :grin:

Guy

Back