Europe

Europe

Handloader
Jun 18, 2014
Hey guys, wanted to share with you what I shared with some young exchange students.

Those in the colonies do not need to travel all the way to Africa for some excellent "change of pace" hunting. If one wants to hunt different species than they have done or do every year, try Europe.

I personally love hunting Austria, Spain, Sweden and Scotland. These four countries will give you some great diversity. I added Scotland only because I use to love their pheasant hunting--but in all honesty, it is not any better than you have in the States, so you can skip that one, but the other three gives one some new challenges.

Try hunting Capercaillie in Sweden on ski's --great new hunting experience. Hunting in the Alps is a bit different as is the species hunted.

One of my favorite is fox hunting in Ireland, but you need to be able to ride a horse ( Vince are you there ). England I thing still have fox "drags" but no foxes )-:

Anyway, try Europe as your next hunting destinations, you will not be disappointed

Always good to have some diverse and interesting hunting destinations for other interesting species.
I know Susan and I would like to go to Spain for ibex, and we recently watched a show on hunting fallow deer in Romania that looked amazing.
Another not-well-known animal is the European bison that is huntable in Poland (I think it was). Would be neat to hunt our north american bison's cousins too.

Eastern Europe has good populations of deer and boar. A friend is just about to start offering hunts in Bulgaria - I will probably get reduced fees as a test-hunter next year.
If so, I will post...

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI VNS-L31 mit Tapatalk

Dang it! Completly forgot about mouflon in Spain; an animal on my bucket list!
Bucket list of exotics includes red deer, axis deer, fallow deer, mouflon, and blackbuck, sika deer, sambar and rusa deer.
Not all found in Europe, but some are.

I have my eye on Greenland Musk Ox and Caribou, as well as (forget if it was CZ or Slovakia) deer and boar. Both hunts were blue collar affordable for a "once in a lifetime" experience once travel and such was figured into the cost. Need to check a couple off the North America list first.

I’m here.
That might be fun chasing a fox on a horse. Can I bring my saddle or do I have to ride one of those postage stamps they call a saddle?

Vince

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back