Kodiak Bear Hunt Video

Delightful video. Lovely bear she harvested. Does make one want to go a little farther north.

Good people, I stayed at their lodge on my Sitka hunt, Stephanie, Harlan, William,and terry are top notch. Great food, had a great time. Would do it again a heartbeat.

Bear hunting is not something I see myself doing, not that I am opposed at all.... However, I am officially sad that I will not see such beautiful country for myself. And to have a daughter that enjoys and appreciates hunting and those wild places. That would be a blessing.... Cool video!! Thanks Guy- CL

What great hunt, thank you for sharing the video :wink:. I really enjoyed the adventure.

Blessings,
Dan

Hunt videos vary widely in quality from some dude trying to video himself with his cell phone... To really goofy stuff that apparently appeals to someone.

To some pretty high quality stuff like this, and I'd put Randy Newberg's videos pretty doggone high on the list too.

This one grabbed me within seconds of starting in. The quality was great, right from the start. Not just the quality of images, but, that there is so much more to a hunt than just the struggle and the kill shot... I'm going to watch more of the videos on their website. They've got quite a few of 'em on You Tube.

Guy

She did well shooting offhand too.
Nicely expanded bullet recovered from that bear. Wouldhave been nice to know cartridge and bullet used (looked like good performance similar to a recovered AccuBond)
Some good footage of all the bears that they saw on their adventure in a beautiful place!

I thought it might have been a good sized Partition. Thought I caught a glimpse of the tail end of the bullet.

But who knows? Ya, this bunch of rifle looneys here would like to know all the details.

Ya, three offhand shots. Three hits.. Impressive! I was surprised she didn't shoot off some sort of rest.

Guy

When she first threw her pack down I thought she was going to set up over it.
Glad she didn't as it wasn't the best angle.
In her case, at that range, shooting offhaand was a better option as she was able to get a better angle and see more of the bear when she did shoot. She was also able to react and make better follow up shots standing and shooting offhand, than she would have if she had of been prone over her pack.
Her Daddy taught her well!

That bullet could have been an A-Frame...that front section just looked like it was bonded, the way it expanded...

Back