it's that time of year again

jimbires

Handloader
Aug 16, 2011
who has applied , and where you're planning on going ? about 2 weeks ago I applied to Co. for elk . I also applied to Kansas for whitetail deer . when it's time , I'll apply for Pa. elk too . I think I have 13 points for Pa elk now . that doesn't mean much , it's a tough draw , over 20,000 apps for about 100 licenses .

I'm in for just about everything in UT. What happens there will dictate if I apply for a WY leftover cow tag or not and what I apply for in ID. I will apply, and should get drawn this year, for a cow tag in UT as well.

Nathan , I've never looked at UT for any hunting , I'll have to give it a look .

rodell , . a few local guys talk about hunting the Bob Marshall .

EDIT ;
don't even give any idea where your at . if your spot gets crowded I'll feel like a schmuck .

Not physically able to hunt any more but will accompany my daughter and granddaughter to Namibia for a plains game hunt. The goal is to complete the spiral horn slam

I am rather fortunate as I will be applying for all of the big four which is Elk, Moose, Mulie and Antelope however the poole I am in it is unlikely that I will get drawn because of being drawn for everything 2 years ago.
The good news is both my boys are in Super A which gives them a good chance and I also I will be going Elk hunting and Moose hunting during the regular season that is given to Saskatchewan residents.
I want to wish all our members the best of luck during this year's draw (y).
At this stage of my hunting career I really just like being with the guys & gals of our group and as always getting the game is just a bonus to what hunting is really about :mrgreen:.

Blessings,
Dan

The odds are crappy for good hunts in UT like everywhere else Jim. We only started applying for points 3 or 4 years ago so its doubtful we will score anything good ever but its cheaper to apply in UT then many of the other states and its closer for me. Your hunting license is good for 365 days so you can use it to apply for 2 years and its only 65.00. We drew cow tags the first year we applied and the next year 3x as many people started applying where we drew so we havent drawn in the last 2 years but we have 2 points now and should draw this year. No one with more than 1 point applied last year. There are only 5 non-resident tags though. UT does have some general hunts but you still have to draw for them. We put in for muzzleloader deer this year.

my Kansas license arrived today , now if I draw a deer license to go with it I'll be in good shape . I just sent for my Kansas license this past Friday , that was fast .

looks like you guys have some good plans . I'm wishing everyone success in the draw !

EDIT ,

it was not my Kansas license that came . the license was green I assumed it was Kansas , I didn't open it . after opening it I find it's my Colorado small game license . I did get my Kansas license about 6/20/19

I'm successful in both . Kansas for whitetails , and Colorado for cow elk . anyone else draw ?

Congrats, Jim. Sounds as if you're in for a great season of fine hunting.

That is excellent news Jim (y). Our draw closed at midnight on May 25th 2019, we have been advised that we should know mid June the results of the draw.

Blessings,
Dan

thanks guys , I'm looking forward to hunting season this year . Dan , let us know how you and your group make out in the draw , good luck .

Elkman":3d2tjucu said:
Got two elk tags so far, I am waiting on the Oregon draw. Looking good :grin:

sounds like a good season . good luck in the Oregon draw .

We drew elk tags again where I shot this bull 3 years ago. We also drew buck antelope tags here in ID and cow elk in UT again. The problem is the deer tags we drew in UT opens Sept 25th as does out antelope tag. Our good bull tag opens October 1st (6 days later). Then normal deer and elk tags open October 10th and 15th. Luckily we decided to go to Kodiak Island in August instead of moose the end of September this year and our UT cow tag is Dec-Jan.

Attachments

• 2016bull4.jpg
    2016bull4.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 701
sounds great Nathan . you have a pretty full season lined up . good luck !

I did draw a tag in Oregon once again. It's a 2 nd season tag which starts in Nov., it will be my last hunt of this year.

It is a bit crowded Jim. I always get 2 elk tags and if I can draw a extra cow here or down in UT I get 3. I usually have 2 deer tags as well and when I can draw antelope one of those too. This year we will have deer and caribou tags on Kodiak plus we drew muzzleloader deer tags in UT too. Usually the seasons are spread out a bit more but not this year.

Back