moose record in Washington

Europe

Handloader
Jun 18, 2014
Guy did you read about the fellow who harvested a shiras moose in your state and it is a world record ? Do you know him ? maybe Dr Mike or someone can find the story and attach it

I seen it on the Facebook, beautiful long points. Couldn’t ask for a better looking animal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

e0ccb7ba4bbd55eb8ea0a00b168abb35.jpg

https://www.khq.com/news/washington-hun ... 1d1a6.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, quite a moose! (y)

Drawing the once-in-a-lifetime moose tag is.... difficult. I believe that the hunter had 30 points!

Basically, we build a point every year we're not selected. He may have accumulated points in other ways as well. Sometimes they're granted for turning in a poacher or something. But ya, 30 points... Sigh..

I don't think I'll live long enough to draw the tag and am in the process of deciding if I want to even continue to purchase applications for moose, bighorn and mountain goat. Chances of being drawn are extremely slim.

I do hope my youngest son continues to apply for points, he's not yet 30... I started applying for him when he was pretty young. Maybe a chance of being drawn someday?

Congrats to the hunter! Excellent moose.

Guy

Wow, what a beautiful bull!
Congrats to the hunter.

JD338

That's a monster of a Moose!
What a great story!
I could only dream of such a prize walking in front of me! WOW!
He's going to have a lot of meat from that one! Yummy!

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

That is a great picture of what appears to be a beautiful moose. If the far side matches what we see...Wow! CL

That is an unbelievable specimen. I feel sorry for the guy... can you imagine how big of a house he will have to build to have mantle big enough to hang that over?!!?!? :shock: :lol: :lol: CL

Wow what a moose. With or without any kind of score it's just impressive on all fronts. Thanks for posting.

coop22250":318284uj said:
Guy come on up north, you are just a 36 hour drive away from a moose tag.....

Drove up there once and got a grizzly and a wolf. What an awesome trip!

Fly up there every couple of years to fly fish for silvers, near Cordova. Love it!

Moose? Maybe...

Guy

That is a dandy Bull :wink:!! Congratulations to the hunter and thank you for the post with a photos (y).

Blessings,
Dan

cloverleaf":rwcl7fdw said:
That is an unbelievable specimen. I feel sorry for the guy... can you imagine how big of a house he will have to build to have mantle big enough to hang that over?!!?!? :shock: :lol: :lol: CL
Amen to that :lol:

My buddy came up to AK 2 years ago, taxidermist has his 65” bull. He’s letting the local gun shop keep it for now hahaha.

Back