Roe deer buck with my girlfriend

noslerpartition

Handloader
May 26, 2018
Roe bucks opened May 1st here.

My girlfriend comes from a non-hunting family and does not eat 'supermarket-meat' - but venison I bring home. She was out with me a few times, but no shot presented itself - that changed yesterday.
A young buck came out in good light and I assured that she was ok with me taking the shot.
From 160y I sent a LOS hunter tactical bullet out and he dropped where he stood (puuuhh - happy I made a good one for her first!).

We went over and I looked closely at her emotions, but it was ok for her.
She was interested when I field-dressed him and asked a few questions.
Later she decided that she will come along again, but wasn't sure if she ever wants to pull the trigger. I can live with that....

Frank

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI VNS-L31 mit Tapatalk

Congratulations on your GF taking a nice buck. No doubt she will deal with the first kill in her own way. We all do. Thanks for sharing this special time with us.

Thanks DrMike,
But it was me taking the shot.
She doesn't have the licence (yet?).

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI VNS-L31 mit Tapatalk

Congratulations Frank! I’m envious. My wife comes from a hunting family. I’ve been trying to get her to come for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My bad. Reading late at night and the old eyes must be going. Again, congratulations.

Congratulations on exposing a new person to ethical hunting. Some people don't like hunting based on what they have seen in movies or heard from other non-hunters. It sure can change their perspective to see how it is really done.

Dan

Back