Decided To Try and Make A Difference

highoctane

Beginner
Apr 20, 2018
I run trail cams 24/7/365 and have been for several years. A few years ago on my property I started getting a few pics of coyotes every so often. This didn't seem to be a big deal at the time but oh, it was!!

A couple years ago I got a pics of these stinking yotes killing fawns! I said, "enough of that". I also knew if they were getting fawns they were getting the smaller turkeys and the "busting" up turkey nests, along with the 'coons as well. I bought some MB-550 traps and all the supplies that I would need to end these murderous forays on my property.

While some may argue but in the past couple years that I have been doing this I have seen progress! Last year I saw more younger age deer than I have seen in a long time and this past spring I had more older class turkeys an the gobbling was "out of this world".

Controlling environmental factors, such as rain, disease, insects, etc is not possible but controlling the yotes is possible, albeit time consuming and really hot at times.

My intent is to create a void of certain predators during a certain time frame giving these young as much time as possible!

Here's a few of the murderous villains that have killed for the last time!!

Attachments

• 20190526_142038_resized.jpg
    20190526_142038_resized.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 693
  • 20190408_090331_resized.jpg
    20190408_090331_resized.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 693
  • Yote 3.jpg
    Yote 3.jpg
    781.7 KB · Views: 693
Awesome job. I just finished my 3rd year of trapping coyotes. I got 49 this winter. 36 from a 2 mile radius. The one farmer where I have trapped 3 years says he sees more deer/fawns now than ever before. Keep up the good work!!!

wisconsinteacher":2vv328nk said:
Awesome job. I just finished my 3rd year of trapping coyotes. I got 49 this winter. 36 from a 2 mile radius. The one farmer where I have trapped 3 years says he sees more deer/fawns now than ever before. Keep up the good work!!!

OUTSTANDING! (y)

wisconsinteacher":1yh2m7yd said:

I need you to come a couple hours south and clean out some coyotes around my house

Back