Breakfast Visitor

NYDAN

Handloader
Sep 17, 2013
This guy showed up for breakfast this morning. He was about 40 feet from the back door. He emptied one bird feeder before I banged on the window and scared him off.

Our visitors from Long Island were quite impressed. :shock:

DSCN0511.JPG

DSCN0513.JPG

Bad host - should have invited a friendly visitor in for breakfast instead of banging the window!

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI VNS-L31 mit Tapatalk

Guy Miner":1y1xcx21 said:
Cool!

I'll bet your city-livin' visitors were surprised. :)

Yes, they were! Tina's son-in-law saw it first and made an "unprintable exclamation". Tina's daughter was out for a 12 mile run. When she got back she understood why I had insisted on her taking pepper spray with her. I don't think I will have to persuade her again. :wink:

Dan

noslerpartition":jffvn8qg said:
Bad host - should have invited a friendly visitor in for breakfast instead of banging the window!

Perhaps you are correct. However, at the time I was of the mind that 2 guests were company, and three guests would have been a crowd...

To correct my inhospitable behavior, I will invite him back this fall when hunting season is open...

Dan

NYDAN":2uyccl2s said:
noslerpartition":2uyccl2s said:

Perhaps you are correct. However, at the time I was of the mind that 2 guests were company, and three guests would have been a crowd...

To correct my inhospitable behavior, I will invite him back this fall when hunting season is open...

Dan
Very gernerous offer Dan!
If I am ever in your part of the world I must remember to check the details of an invitation ;-)

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI VNS-L31 mit Tapatalk

Brazen soul, wasn't he. I'm certain it gave your house guests a memorable memory.

They can be destructive.
Back when i was still working and traveling threw NY I would see them quite often. Going up the threw way to Alban just before the first rest area there was one sitting on the shoulder watching traffic while he munched on a road kill deer carcus and everyone one started checking their brakes and stopping to look and take pictures.
Another time just west of you I was delivering a load of cotton seed to a farm and one decide to check out my truck while I was stopped talking on my phone. He tried to climb into the bed of my trailer and when I pulled off it chased after me thinking it could catch the truck.
The farmer I made the delivery to said one had been in the feed storage bins and it was probably the same one since I was about a mile from the farm when it payed me a visit. Wish I could have got pictures of it but i had both hands full with the truck.

It is always interesting for people who do not see wildlife very often. I try to stop when driving with guests and show our local wildlife when we come upon them.
That is a excellent photo, thank you for the post.

Blessings,
Dan

Back