Bighorn on the run!

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Was out in the hills, working my bird dog before the season when we came across some bighorn sheep. Just ewes and young ones, no big rams.

I got a few photos and thought I'd share this one:

mjPq3Qhh.jpg

Regards, Guy

That is a great action shot Guy... Was it afraid of you or your dog? Thanks for sharing.

Rol_P":3ntjgsew said:
That is a great action shot Guy... Was it afraid of you or your dog? Thanks for sharing.

The herd had separated into two groups and a few of 'em elected to run right past the dog and I, from one group, to join the other.

I did get the dog out of there pretty quickly. Hadn't anticipated running into the bighorns and didn't want to bother them. We were out to let him run, and find chukar & quail.

Guy

Excellent action shot. They are definitely sure-footed. Though that one is on fairly level ground, you have to thrill to watch them clamber up a steep escarpment.

Thanks Guy, you sure do get some great photos in your excursions to the outdoors :wink:.

Blessings,
Dan

sask boy":2hm65r5y said:
Thanks Guy, you sure do get some great photos in your excursions to the outdoors :wink:.

Blessings,
Dan

Thanks. I'm not a very good photographer, but I live in an area ripe with photo opportunities.

Guy

Back