1st Day, Mule Deer

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Well, Nosler, Zeiss, Remington and Leupold ought to like this photo!
oAgzC69h.jpg

Sadly, no bucks were seen. LOTS of does though. We will be back at it tomorrow. With a little luck, a tag will be notched.

If that doesn't happen, it was still a great day with my son.

Guy

Handsome compilation of quality equipment. With mulies, there' always tomorrow! Good luck on the hunt, Guy.

Great picture to capture the moment of a great day afield.
Love those Remington CDL rifles. Which '06 are you using, the 25 or 30? I didn't see any Blue Cyclones or Green Hornets laying around. ;)
Good luck to you this season, be safe and have fun!

JD338

Great shot, looks like the blue cyclone launcher. I had to drive to the Tri-Cities yesterday for a funeral. Took the county roads, saw lots of orange and a dandy buck that got hit by a car. Good luck today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

c5CF7V6h.jpg

Different location & weather today. Not far from the first day's spot though. Seeing lots of does, but few bucks. That's okay, except that once again my son has only two days to spend hunting. Today was the second. :(
s5Yl3E4h.jpg

Rifle is the 30-06 700 CDL, fixed 6x, 36mm version. Mag loaded with 165 gr "Green Hornet" Ballistic Tips. :grin:

My son was carrying the wonderful 30-06 1917, also topped with a 6x Leupold, but with 165 gr Nosler Partitions.

However it really doesn't matter what's in the mag, when no legal bucks are seen. Ah well, perhaps later this week.

Guy

Sorry you and your son didn't get a buck but pretty area and time spent with your son is always a plus! Hope you fill your tag soon. Dan.

Well, I'm glad I enjoyed my two partial days.

Looks like I'm done for the season. Sigh.

Two days of deer hunting will have to suffice.

Next year? I sure hope so. I think I'll leave my cell phone at home, and just vanish for two weeks. That way, perhaps I can enjoy deer hunting.

Best of luck to all you hunters. :)

Guy

Guy Miner":1giu5ryl said:
Looks like I'm done for the season. Sigh.

Best of luck to all you hunters. :)

Guy

I know how you feel, I got to hunt for eight days during buck season but to no avail. It still beat being at work.

No elk or bear tags this year Guy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well you could be in my boat as I have a Doe tag and a Buck tag and all I have seen so far is small does I have had 4 inside of 50 yards and one tonight 75 yards from my truck tonight and I walked up to within 35 yards of her but she was also to small but it was tempting with the patched round ball and so close to the truck. I have yet to see a buck, but missed a small 8 point I think last night on my way home missed him by 10 feet off the hood of my truck. Oh well
Guy I am with you and the cell phone and making the time for deer season, Especially since we are aging.

Well, some meat on the grill always makes a good appetizer for the memories, but my Grandpa was fond of saying, "well, we had us an outing anyway,...." Nice to see that your son was along. Some Chukar hunting in those hills is next perhaps? CL

Back