My Motley Crew, opening day

Slimfinn

Handloader
Nov 28, 2018
Opening day yesterday, temp dropped around 40 degrees over night and put down about 4 inches of the fluffy. By the time we got out the door, literally kicking and screaming(sisterly love) it was already shooting light and had a 45 minute drive to the place i had in mind. Partway there youngest asks if her gun was in the case"nope you said you didn't want to shoot anything " sad face. Anyways get the the parking spot someone beat us to. Geared up and walked in to the fork and took the one he didn't, got a mile or so in and set for some glassing, snacks and fire. Hung out for an hour or 2 until the kicking started up again. Looked at the wife and knew it was time to head back to the truck. Made it to the truck had some hot coco and a sandwich. Talked to the guy who took the other fork and didn't even cross a fresh track, nor did we. Talked to the biologist at the game check and nothing had come through and had only heard about one elk from anyone.
Anyway it was a good time and the girls had fun they said. This morning its dropped another 15 degrees and the realfeel is 0, and the roads are ice, So im sitting in front of the fire drinking coffee in my pjs. Probably head into town later and buy some tags for the girl's incase they decide they want to shoot something, maybe take a drive thru the hills later looking for fresh tracks. Good times hope everyone is getting out for the memories

Attachments

• 20191026_112944.jpg
    20191026_112944.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 341
Looks like a great day ... or something. Kids are always fun when the temperature drops. They actually do enjoy time out, but the cold and snow can dampen enthusiasm. Trust opportunities multiply in the coming days.

Back