Two bulls down

salmonchaser

Handloader
Dec 13, 2013
Just got a call; two bulls down; two miles in; you busy tomorrow? Guess I am. Pics to follow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like music to me.. just on the wrong coast today...Delaware

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dang it - I am busy tomorrow - or I'd drive like crazy in and meet you there for the fun. :)

Guy

I just had to pack out my second bull Saturday from way down in the Salmon breaks. About 1200ys of straight up and 1.5 miles of fairly flat non motorized logging road after that. My buddy and I took it all out in 1 heavy trip. Then the next morning I had to take out a meat thieving fox that took the tenderloins and tried to drag off the back straps. I used my kids .22 and my kids were there at camp and got to see the fox that I found back in the woods after I got back from elk hunting. Yesterday we had to walk out from where we park and hike in because my buddies utv wouldn't start. That is about 14 miles of hiking. It was 10 degrees when we went back in with the truck at 4pm. It was negative something that morning. When we left last night at 8pm my truck said it was -6 degrees.

In your favor it's suppose to be progressively warmer over the next couple days.

Help would be appreciated. :) This ground isn’t as bad as the salmon river breaks but it’s sure as hell not flat. I know the area where they found the bulls yesterday, it runs about 1,000 feet to the mile. Wish I was 30 years younger.

salmonchaser":3u4rgtro said:
Help would be appreciated. :) This ground isn’t as bad as the salmon river breaks but it’s sure as hell not flat. I know the area where they found the bulls yesterday, it runs about 1,000 feet to the mile. Wish I was 30 years younger.
If I was closer I'd help! Just too far.

Made it to their camp by 0630; the guys worked until after dark last night, had 1/2 the meat out.
I packed the capes and heads. So here is the small oneIMG_3035.JPGIMG_3031.JPG
His bigger brother IMG_3068.JPGIMG_3048.JPGIMG_3051.JPG
It was an honor to pack these heads out.

Oh, no tellum creek, Oregon

For the eagle eyes, yes Pat got whacked by his scope

Two fine looking racks, for sure.

salmonchaser":2e5kowa2 said:
For the eagle eyes, yes Pat got whacked by his scope.

Has happened to everyone at one time or another. In the excitement of the hunt, we crawl up on the scope and it bites us. Excellent pictures.

Heading over to see Bill, Elkman, tomorrow. His camp is only about 7 miles from my house but it’ll take over an hour to get there from home. Gotta figure I’ll be helping him in the next couple of days.

Those are a couple of mighty fine looking bulls.

JD338

A couple more pics; kinda shows how steep the ground was. Yours truly loaded up.IMG_3075.JPGIMG_3074.JPG

Yes, a student of how and where things grow in the blues; very good.you actually looked at the pics.

Back