New York Buck

SJB358

Ballistician
Dec 24, 2006
Took this buck on Sunday.. Used my old P64 270 Win Featherweight and a 130 grain Tipped Bear Claw. Beginning to like those bullets quite alot..

A decent sized Upstate NY buck..

IdahoCTD":2q6pq5al said:
Nice buck Scotty. How did elk hunting go this year?

Thank you Nathan and fellas.

Elk hunting was slow this year. I have been constantly trying to catch up since returning from Wyoming and Idaho, but I need to make a post about the hunts.

Took a cow elk in Wyoming and struck out as bad as I ever have in Idaho.

A very decent buck, Scotty. Congratulations on a fine animal. Yeah, I have been a fan of the TBBC and subsequent iterations for a long time now. The tipped BC gives me every confidence that it is another fine bullet.

DrMike":qcxb1h6h said:
A very decent buck, Scotty. Congratulations on a fine animal. Yeah, I have been a fan of the TBBC and subsequent iterations for a long time now. The tipped BC gives me every confidence that it is another fine bullet.

They have been a great bullet for us Mike. My old man used the TBBC in the 338 quite awhile and was always tops for performance. The Tipped version has been very accurate in quite a few rifles for me and the performance on game has thus far been very very good. I am looking forward to trying the TLR's a bit in some of my longer range rifles.

Nice to see a beautiful NY Buck Scotty.. Well done on your home turf.. Hard to beat that.
Regards, Rol

Scotty,

That is a great NY buck. Congratulations. Around here, there are few and far between that would better that.

Dan

Nathan, 10-4, will shoot you a PM about Idaho.

Thank you fellas for the comments. It is my first 5x5 or 10pt as we easterners call em!

Couple other pics from the day

The scrape I was sitting near.

Hey! That's a nice Buck Scotty! Love how thick the beams are and they just curve forwad. Pretty cool and a good shot too! (y) CL

PS - Proof positive that a you need a MAGNUM to kill anything. NOT!! :lol:

Back