STANDS ALONE

Interesting to read!
I will stick with my 30-06 and a 6,5 Creedmoor is on it's way, but my game is smaller, distance rather short and I have a dog for trailing, if they do not drop in sight - which didn't happen often.
Still - something to remember if circumstances change

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI VNS-L31 mit Tapatalk

noslerpartition":33fxtf07 said:
Interesting to read!
I will stick with my 30-06 and a 6,5 Creedmoor is on it's way, but my game is smaller, distance rather short and I have a dog for trailing, if they do not drop in sight - which didn't happen often.
Still - something to remember if circumstances change

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI VNS-L31 mit Tapatalk

Thank you for your response noslerpartition

I would have to agree that the .30 Nosler is my new favorite. For the past 25-30 years my go-to rifle was my 30-06 using my hand loads with 180gr Nosler Ballistic Tips, then the Combined Technology BT in 180gr.

As I got older I grew tired of packing my 18.5 lb rifle with its Shilen match bull barrel, McMillan A2 stock, etc ... A few years back, wanting a lighter rifle I ordered a Nosler 48 Long Range in .30 Nosler, but found myself going back to my tried & true 30-06 because I haven't developed confidence in my new set up. I then decided to leave my 30-06 at home & force myself to use the .30 Nosler and have not been disappointed in the least.

This year I was blessed to get a nice bull elk at 676 yards using 180gr AccuBonds.

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=40120

Still have my goal at getting an elk at 1,000 yards......

Also, would you care to share your load data for 180gr & 210gr?

Thank you in advance.

Back