Social Distance Eagle

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
This afternoon I was walking Maverick the dog near the confluence of the Wenatchee and Columbia rivers at the north end of town. Thankfully I had my camera with me...

AVn5Oush.jpg

erfrwMMh.jpg

8de3RQBh.jpg

hRz1PC0h.jpg

BTW, for quite some time I've posted a lot of other wildlife photos, not here in the Hunting section but down lower, in the Locations & Travel section. But I have a feeling that most of us never look there...

Regards, Guy

Excellent action shots of a majestic bird. Great photos, Guy. Your signature makes the work quite professional.

Guy you must have one heck of a camera setup. Those photos are absolutely marvelous. Can I ask how far away you were?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guy,

Those pictures are just amazing. Thank you for sharing these pictures. I think having a Wildlife Photography section on the forum would be a good idea and a quick way to see your work.
Can you comment on your equipment used?

JD338

These photos are really amazing Guy. Thank you for sharing.. Is the area at the juncture of the rivers home for the eagles due to good fishing?

My camera setup is pretty simple & nothing to brag about. It's an Olympus digital camera, the "OMD" and I usually use a 75-300 lens by Zuiko. What I like about the Olympus is that it's a good quality camera, yet pretty compact & easy to carry on a hike, hunt, or fishing trip. It's not the "SLR" format where the photographer is actually looking through the lens, but it does have an eyepiece. I've actually got two Olympus cameras, the other is more compact, a "PEN mini" that takes the same lenses as the OMD, but doesn't have the eye piece.

Hmmm - JD - I do think having a photography section would be good. Most everyone has a cell phone with a camera on it at least. I take a lot of my photos with the cell phone, at modest ranges anyway.

Rol_P, it is good fishing there, and also it's an area that was set aside decades ago, to not be developed. So there's just a graveled walking path, and a paved bike & walking path that go through it. Excellent habitat for wild birds & wildlife. We have a resident moose there, since last summer! :) There's also a small herd of mule deer, rabbits, raccoons, beaver, muskrat, all sorts of critters. It's a favorite place to walk for me, and most of my wildlife photos, particularly the birds, are taken in that area. It's close to home, heck, I can walk there if I'm feeling ambitious.

nashtims - I dunno - easy pistol shot distance for many of my photos. That danged eagle... He came almost right over us! :)

Guy

Back