Antique book score!

remingtonman_25_06

Handloader
Nov 17, 2005
So while the wife and I were in Cody Wyoming a couple weeks ago, we checked out a few of the smaller towns and antique stores along the way. She came over and said there were some old hunting/shooting books that I may be interested in. So I go check it out and found this old book by none other than Jack O'Connor himself. I had no idea of the value, but I knew it was definitely worth the $15 asking price. I later got home and googled the book, and much to my surprise they're going anywhere from $120-150! Crazy! I told my wife at the time, you'll never see these books for sale anymore by this guy, as I was kind of debating getting it. She said just get it then. Believe it was printed in 1967. Only a couple chapters in so far, but I'm glad I walked out with it. My 1st O'Connor book :)

Attachments

• Snapchat-1767729509.jpg
    Snapchat-1767729509.jpg
    627.2 KB · Views: 640
Nice score Jorey. I too grew up reading about the hunts of Jack and Elenore O'Connor.

JD338

It won’t be your last Jorey. I find O’Connors writing to be frankly addictive. His adventures are top notch and the English is quite correct!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a somewhat medium size box from my stepdaughter with my father'e day gift. In it was three books by Robert Ruark.

The Old Man and the Boy

The Old man's Boy Grows Older

The Horn of the Hunter.

I already have his Use Enough Gun.

I have most of O'Connor's books, and quite a few of Elmer Keith's work as well. Some very interesting and conflicting points of view in the writings from those two gentlemen.

Every one worth the time to read many times over.
Paul B.

Kieth and O’Connor had divergent views I’ll bet both would have agreed with Cooper a man should be well read prior to offering an opinion.
Congratulations on your expanded library.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I was born in 85' so these guys were all way before my time. I still consider them to be a few of the best gun and hunting writers of all time. I'd like to get more of their books, but dang they arent cheap!

I have my Dads copy. Priceless...and apparently worth something too! Nice find and an excellent read. CL

Back