2020 SEASON

Vince

Handloader
May 26, 2012
How’s everyone’s 2020 looking?

I’m planning on an OTC black bear hunt here in Arizona then a Whitetail Buck hunt in Wisconsin.

Vince

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quiet year for me. No bear, no elk, will do white tail archery and maybe rifle..need to find a new lease. Deer heard wiped out locally by some who say.. if it’s brown it’s down...

I will give Michigan DNR customer service a plug. Lost my tags for white tail(2), small game and fishing licenses in the flood. They did replace them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

First of all, I hope that my girlfriend has some success, now that she has the license!
The friend I hunt with allowed her to shoot a roe-buck.
For me, I hope for two or three more roe deer, a few boar and maybe I get a red deer this year.
Then I will visit a friend with lots of fallow deer and boar.
Later I will hunt pigeons and just maybe ducks and geese.

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI VNS-L31 mit Tapatalk

Hunting with my son here in Washington for black bear, mule deer, and hopefully I can make time for elk hunting too. If I make the elk hunt happen, that will be with a bow.

Bird hunting with Maverick is high on my list! :)

And this is a Wyoming year for me as well; mule deer & pronghorn.

Best of luck to all you hunters!

Regards, Guy

Just had shoulder surgery on my left shoulder so I won't be able to archery hunt as I just won't have the strength yet. I will go with buddies and call for them though and maybe help take game out of the field.

Upland birds and ducks. Hazel my Nova Scotia duck tolling retriever is looking forward to chasing birds this fall with me. I cannot wait.

Elk and mule deer or whitetails. I cannot wait for that.

No moose, sheep, or mountain goat tags once again this year. Maybe next!

Nothing planed and not sure I will get to go if I can't clear up some psychical health issues.

FOTIS":hxl90gjf said:
JD338":hxl90gjf said:
I pulled a bear tag. WT deer hunting .

JD338

Nice! What are you using on the bruin? :twisted:

I'm leaning towards the Marlin 1895 45-70 topped off with a Leupold VX-6 1.75-6x32mm scope loaded with Nosler 300 gr Partitions at 2200 fps.
Potent bear medicine.

JD338

Attachments

• IMG_20191207_154748846.jpg
    IMG_20191207_154748846.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 918
Jim - I was thinking that you're probably going to have a short-range shot at the bear, and that you just might choose the 45/70 Marlin. :grin:

Nice to rub in that bit about the unobtanium 300 grain .458" Partitions... :mrgreen:

I was going to back a handicapped (wheelchair) hunter on a baited bear hunt in Idaho, with my 45/70 Marlin of course. He decided that the whole idea just wasn't for him. Guess he didn't trust me and my Marlin? Sigh...

Best of luck! Guy

Ursus americanus starts august first for us then yes deer, elk, lion . Nothing out of state

The kids and I have three cow tags between us, all different weekends of course...antelope doe tags all around, I finally drew coues deer again, very stoked about that. In lieu of a midlife crisis this year my goal is to hunt doves or quail at least one day every week that I'm not chasing big game, owe it to the dog. Started hunting snipe along the river ditch last year, never seen anyone else doing it, the dog and I enjoy it more than we let on, there will be more of that. Good luck to all, post the stories...

We started in May and June for black bear which was a lot of fun. Looking forward though to the fall as well. Going to hunt for mountain goat from August to November, that will be what I do most locally this fall, not to many deer or moose here. My wife and I both drew antlerless mule deer for an area about a 4 hour drive east where there are a lot more deer for Nov 1-15. I hope she can seal the deal on one especially.

For me I'm going up to the northwest tip of B.C. for the last 10 days of September to hunt moose, might get a tag for stone sheep as well. We are going to be getting into the area by river boat and then setting up a camp. Really looking forward to it, the fishing will be amazing there too.

JD338":nnof5s31 said:
FOTIS":nnof5s31 said:
JD338":nnof5s31 said:
I pulled a bear tag. WT deer hunting .

JD338

Nice! What are you using on the bruin? :twisted:

I'm leaning towards the Marlin 1895 45-70 topped off with a Leupold VX-6 1.75-6x32mm scope loaded with Nosler 300 gr Partitions at 2200 fps.
Potent bear medicine.

JD338
Sounds like a great load.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It should be a fun season. My wife will start it out with a WI bear tag, then we will archery whitetail hunt here in WI. In November, I'm heading to NE for deer and then to the Black Hills for whitetail over Thanksgiving week. In total we have 1 bear tag and 9 deer tags this fall between my wife and I!!! I can't wait to get in the woods.

Back