Grizzly bear hunting mountain goats.

I shot my grizzly bear at 8 yards while on a mountain goat hunt.
Came around the corner and saw him at 20 yards. He ran to 40 yards, then came back, and at 8 yards I figured that was close enough!
He wasn't hunting goats at the time I spooked him though, just eating grass.
Young boar, approx. 3 1/2 or 4 1/2 years old; just shy of 6' nose to tail.

Wow I bet that was exciting! On the link to the video just scroll down right below the blurry picture of the bear and you will see the video link to click on and watch.

Grizzlies are fast!

Cool video - but ya - that would be a little close! :grin:

Guy

Dr Mike, Gerry, Gil, Don, Josh, Mike, others from Alaska and Canada see this quite often. So I am not the only one who sees bears regularly. I thought some here might get a laugh out of this. I recently gave a lecture to some who were going into the mountains and had bear questions. One young fellow kept asking what do you do if that dont work, after every point I made about bear safety .

After about ten questions, I finally said when he said, and if that dont work what do you do.

I shoot the son of a b----!

Yes Ma’am!
It’s been a hell of a year for us. My brother keeps meticulous journals. Since June 1 there have been exactly two days we haven’t seen a grizz at camp. Troopers brought out a trail cam, we learned we get many more visits then we knew. 90%just walk by on the beach looking for fish.
I did locate the remains of the bear that tried to get in the cabin about 3/4 mile down river. Way to stinky to investigate but obviously took a hit from the 9 or the 45.
Day before yesterday I was in my boat waiting on guests to finish breakfast. They had just started down the board walk when I heard a squeak. It’s really interesting to see a guy 604 squeak. There was a young boar between us, had come out from behind the cabins. Dogs saw him at the same time and gave chase ran him about 100 yards down the beach. Apparently the dogs and bears have an understanding on how far a 50 pound dog can chase a 500 pound bear.
I’m about ready to shoot the SOB myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheyenne,
As I am fond of saying, "I like grain fed bears"...especially those fed 200 grains at a time!
Some just require more feeding! LOL

A good thing for people to learn and remember when it comes to bears;
They learn quick, and they do not forget.

Unfortunately many people are only willing to educate bears, and not eliminate problems.
This is not to say that all bears cannot be educated in a positive manner; it really depends on the animal.

Back