Hunting With Heroes

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
I decided to share with you a few things about this organization because quite frankly it has slipped my mind to do so in the past.

I have been a member for a couple of years and now I am the co-chairman of the Cheyenne Chapter.

This is our web page. Lots of pictures in the gallery and will give you a better idea!

https://huntingwithheroes.org/

Our Mission
At Hunting with Heroes Wyoming, it’s our mission to give back to our nations disabled veterans by honoring them with unique hunting, fishing and other outdoor experiences.

We offer a progressive healing environment where disabled veterans are welcome and supported – a community where they can discover hope again, no matter what battles they continue to fight physically or emotionally.

Hunting with Heroes was founded by veterans for veterans.

Bottom line is if you are 50% disabled veteran anywhere (VA paperwork is required) you may qualify for our annual hunt.
Wyoming is one of the few states that accept donated license from individuals, and any disabled hunter can participate in our annual hunt.

What do we offer:

You must provide your own transportation to Cheyenne WY.
Usually you arrive in Cheyenne on a Friday morning and we all meet at the hotel for meet and greet.
We depart the hotel at 1400 hours and I take you out to my range for rifle sight in and verification.
(If you are a god boy or girl this is where you get to fire one of my cannons :mrgreen: )
The next day we have a hearty breakfast at a local ranch and you and your assigned guide go out and shoot your pronghorn (on private land)
Then it is off to dinner at the ranch for a little party.
Animal processing is on us also--steaks and burger
Sunday you leave for home with a great departure package- a bag full of useful goodies and they are awesome---no I am NOT spilling the beans!!!!!
Hotel accommodations is on us!
All paperwork is handled by our organization.
Wheelchair bound veterans are not an issue as we can provide wheelchairs with tracks.

We had a legally blind veteran harvest an antelope using a smart phone app--he hit the red dot, rifle went off and he got it!

Additionally you can always go to this website........ https://wgfapps.wyo.gov/LicenseDonation/frmDisplay.aspx

The link about only gets updated a couple of times a week, instead of everyday because of Covid-19. Game and fish employees now have restricted access to their office because of covid-19
These are tags donated which you can get claim! CHECK THEM DAILY! Last year we had a guy claim a moose tag in Sheridan Wy and he stuck an arrow in a monster!
Last year we had over 50 donated elk antelope deer tags that any disabled vet could have claimed, but no one did.
These hunts fall under the do it yourself hunt category which means all you get from us is the paperwork and the tag. All arrangements are up to you and if we have a contact in the area we will try our best to link you up with same. Some contacts are private ranchers.

Anyway any questions should be referred to me via PM.

Thanks!

Some pictures.

IMG_3191.jpg

IMG_0603.JPG

IMG_3017.jpg

IMG_3190.jpg

IMG_3041.jpg

IMG_0623.JPG

IMG_3107.jpg

Good for you Fotis. It looks like you've put a lot of smiles on many faces with your work.

Great that Wyoming allows folks to donate lisc. if I understand correctly. Fantastic opportunity for ALL involved I am sure. Similar to Helluva Hunt that used to be run by a great family and the wonderful folks around Douglas Wyo. I was lucky enough to be a guest there in 2006. Pic of my goat is my avatar at the right. Cant say enough about the effort work and support that was provided. Have not kept up with those folks as I should but for my part I consider them life long friends around any fire.
Thanks to all involved in the Heroes hunt. Great photos and best wishes to all involved. CL

Great job Fotis.
I gotta tell you folks that helping these guys out gives back in ways you never imagine. If you can get involved and help out, you’ll thank us later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let me know if you're VA rated 50% or more.

PM ME Anyone!

Back