Sons first dove hunt

bmoore

Beginner
Aug 24, 2020
My dad and I got my son out for his first dove hunt yesterday evening. We didn't have much time for scouting and it has been HOT but we still saw a pretty good number of birds. Hunted the same general area I hunted with my dad. He ended up getting about 5 or 6 shots (in .410 range) and got some pellets on one bird but couldn't seal the deal. It was a ton of fun and he is hooked.

Attachments

• IMG_0827.JPG
    IMG_0827.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 497
  • IMG_0820.jpg
    IMG_0820.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 497
  • IMG_0795.jpg
    IMG_0795.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 494
Soooo cool!
Hope my son gets the license soon, so I can take him. Minimum age is 16 here and he will be 17 in December. But did not find the time to get the license yet. Takes quite some time.
With 6'2 he can handle all my safe has to offer.
My younger son just turned 14 - minimum age for shotgun here.
Will take him to the range next week.
I envy you for the opportunities you have.
Fight for them!
Our elders all say that they hunted small game at young age.

Today a concerned neighbor would report it and daddy looses all weapons and hunting rights till Armageddon

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 3a XL mit Tapatalk

noslerpartition":p28jj20u said:
Soooo cool!
Hope my son gets the license soon, so I can take him. Minimum age is 16 here and he will be 17 in December. But did not find the time to get the license yet. Takes quite some time.
With 6'2 he can handle all my safe has to offer.
My younger son just turned 14 - minimum age for shotgun here.
Will take him to the range next week.
I envy you for the opportunities you have.
Fight for them!
Our elders all say that they hunted small game at young age.

Today a concerned neighbor would report it and daddy looses all weapons and hunting rights till Armageddon

Thanks!

Dove hunting was always a lot of fun when I lived in Texas. I'm sure your son enjoyed the hunt, and especially since he was able to share the time with dad and granddad. Congratulations on the quality time afield.

DrMike":1ista5ta said:
Dove hunting was always a lot of fun when I lived in Texas. I'm sure your son enjoyed the hunt, and especially since he was able to share the time with dad and granddad. Congratulations on the quality time afield.

It was a ton of fun, thanks.

Few doves were I live, but once a year I go to a dove-hunt and the kids are always with me.
They enjoy it, even without their own gun and replace the retriever.
You can't go back in time and every moment of quality time is one I hope they will remember...
Love reading about others passing on the torch.

Well done, love seeing the kids out there. I think the dove opener is what I miss most being in Alaska when September rolls around. Glad you enjoyed your day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

salmonchaser":164pmhid said:
Well done, love seeing the kids out there. I think the dove opener is what I miss most being in Alaska when September rolls around. Glad you enjoyed your day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!

Back