First on game experience with Ballistic tips, SOLD!!

ReloadKy

Handloader
May 13, 2020
IMG_2232.jpgIMG_2231 (1).jpgMy son and I were hunting last night and were waiting for a buck. However a group of does were about 30 yards from our blind and it was time to leave. So it was either spook them or shoot one and my son said "Daddy, I want to shoot that big one". He used a 7-08 with a 120 Btip going approximately 3045 fps. The entry was right behind the shoulder and the exit was a massive hole right in front of the off side shoulder. It literally blew everything in the vitals apart. Deer went 50 yards all down hill. A solid bullet for the 7-08!!!

Congrats to you and your boy. He looks super excited in that picture as he should of course, great shot!

That is truly special. Congratulations to both of you for a great hunt.

Excellent! Happy for you and your son!

That is a great bullet! Nice work loading it just right!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I look more fondly on my sons first deer than I do my own. The pride your son feels in that deer cant help but make you sit back and smile from deep inside. You're doing it right dad.

Congratulations!

That smile is from ear to ear! That says it all!

Excellent performance from the BT.

Hawk

Sent from my REVVLRY+ using Tapatalk

Congratulations to your son and his doe. Definitely a proud daddy moment. Welcome to the BT club.

JD338

Congratulations, I’m a firm believer in the ballistic tip, I’ve used them in my .30/06 since they became available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent! Wow, short range, high velocity, and the B-Tip did a good job. Whew!

I sure like them.

You and your son did a great job. I'm glad he took that doe - it's all part of filling the family freezer with delicious venison. He's joined the ranks of hunters. Wonderful! I'm hoping to draw a doe tag next year. Yum!

Congrats to both of you!

Guy

Thanks to all of you for kind remarks!! Watching a kid enjoy the love of hunting is an indescribable feeling. My boy would rather hunt than do anything. I am thankful for that and also thankful to be a part of this welcoming, educational and wonderful group of people. I love checking in on this forum every night and attempt to learn some new stuff. Thanks again!

Excellent! Making memories. A big congratulations to your boy and a good job by all.

Man that is fantastic performance for a bullet that light in that caliber. Always heard that was an excellent bullet for the 7-08 and it's nice to see real world experience. That is faster than I'd of wanted to run it and it still left nothing on the table and exited through bone. Done great.

Yup- I think you have a winner there.... and the bullet worked too! Congrats to you and your son. CL

Back