Girls getting it done

salmonchaser

Handloader
Dec 13, 2013
Two young ladies I’m very close to getting it done this week

40c7c4ea9e038d36d9e91fdb6908a155.jpg

A “bench leg” cross between a mule deer and a black tail; Oregon

e28b365a6b2e597ebab8dab295e3842e.jpg

Mule deer from Montana. Both were taken with 6.5 creedmoors; the bench leg at 340 mule deer at 150. Both were DRT.

SC

That's awesome! Congratulations to both of those young ladies and their trophy bucks. They both did a great job with a fine display of marksmanship. The girls are definitely getting it done.

JD338

What a couple of beautiful mule deer. Congratulations to the young ladies for taking some very fine specimen of one of the most graceful deer in the world.

Stefs Bench leg came from Oregon’s White river unit. I think she had 20 preference points; Mels mule deer came from the Missouri River breaks south of Glasgow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The smiles tell the story!
Congrats to both ladies!

My wife is saying she'd love to go deer hunting in Oregon!
She visited as a young woman and loved the backcountry there.

Oregon has some magnificent country but the mule deer have fallen on hard times. In the sixties and seventies it was average for us to have 10 to 12 bucks hanging on opening day. In high school dad would be at the football game with the truck loaded. I’d shower, turn in my gear and we would drive most of the night, be ready to hunt opening day. Killed a buck every year and always made it to school late Sunday afternoon for game films. You’re doing good now to draw a decent tag once in three years.
Some tags, like Stefani’s are damn near once in a lifetime. She saw a lot of bucks but wanted the prettiest one.

Those pictures say it all. Congrats to the ladies! Those are some bruisers for sure. CL

Congratulations to the ladies and their mentor. Those are beautiful looking deer. Great shooting.

Dan

Excellent!

Good shooting, good bucks!

How come you hunt with nice ladies and I hunt with a bunch of stinky old guys? You're doing something right!

Guy

Congrats on the deer to both hunters. Both are really nice big bodied mature bucks too.

Occasionally Guy I do something right.[emoji106][emoji23]

Nice. Congrats to the ladies.
That cross is a cool looking deer.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Back