Disabled? Says who?

elkeater2

Handloader
Jan 5, 2009
IMG_5405.jpgJust this Thanksgiving morning, my son and his lifelong hunting buddy got it done again! I taught these two some of what they know, and have helped them with their rifles and riflery since they were kids. Proud? Oh, yeah!

Outstanding!!!
Hoo-Ah!!
Just because you're "disabled" doesn't mean you have to stop doing what you love!
I'm thankful for the hunters and engineers who came up with the all terrain wheel chair, to help with keeping the hunting tradition alive and well!
God Bless your son and his hunting buddy!!

Hawk

Sent from my REVVLRY+ using Tapatalk

Excellent! And congratulations to your son and his partner. Thanks for being an integral and vital part of their lives throughout the formative years.

Congrats to all! That is a spectacular whitetail in any ones book. How is the "track chair" working out? CL

CL - thanks! Talked to him tonight. The chair performed really well for him. They tied the buck to the back of the seat upright, nose pointing back. Dragged it uphill and down with no strain. This was the first real use in hunting conditions. He's been carrying it in the back of his truck, loading with ramps. Just left the buck tied on and ran it up there too. Easiest load ever! The 6.5 x 284 was one shot DRT, 200 yards. EE2

Impressive!

Probably a pretty spectacular cartridge choice too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow - good job - nice buck, and I'm glad that super-duper chair is working out so well.

Guy

Awesome story and its a perfect example of how your son has the right attitude about life. I tip my hat in admiration of all of you. Congratulations to your son on a beautiful buck. Well done sir!

JD338

Said it before: he might need a wheelchair.
But he does more than most with two functional legs.
I thank god each day my boys are doing all right. But I"d be pushing them around each day if it were different.
You are just the pop I hope I'd be if things were different.

Be proud of him.
And yourself.
You didn't let him down and opened a whole new world for him.

There is no reason for him not to be out there - as you (plural) show us time and again.

And kudos to his buddy. He sees the friend and not the chair.
That is real friendship.

Btw: my wiill get his own shotgun for Xmas.
He is doing all right with mine - but time for him to have his own...

Thanks for all the kind comments. We've tried a bunch of outdoor chair setups, some even electric powered. Nothing compares to this Action Chair (brand name). It is impressive. Wish he had it ten years ago when I was pushing uphill through the mud. The rifle is on a Savage action, stock a GRS Bifrost, Vortex glass. It flat shoots. EE2

elkeater2":3bxhi4dv said:
Thanks for all the kind comments. We've tried a bunch of outdoor chair setups, some even electric powered. Nothing compares to this Action Chair (brand name). It is impressive. Wish he had it ten years ago when I was pushing uphill through the mud. The rifle is on a Savage action, stock a GRS Bifrost, Vortex glass. It flat shoots. EE2
I looked that up. Man, that is cool! Kid (well he was in 1985[emoji1]) I grew up with’s Dad tried out several different units over the years. The family owned a metal fabrication business and build a couple tracked units. Gas powered and no suspension. They had a hard time getting power to the ground, there was some success with hydraulic motors but it got extremely heavy, required a lot of power and generated a lot of heat. Today’s battery and electric controller/motor technology is really a game changer.

THey are a sweet set up no doubt! A good buddy and an F-150 are a necessity though. The 6.5-284 must really be a great Cal./ rifle. Glad that you all have great experiences to share! CL

He calls his recent equipment purchases "retail therapy". Anything that improves quality of life for an outdoors person I'm all for. Anyway, he raves about that GRS Bifrost stock a bunch. It is very adaptable and easily adjusted, has a canted pistol grip and other features.(It is also not cheap). It was a perfect fit for the barreled action. Recoil from that caliber through the stock is negligible. The buck first appeared straight in front, but then moved to the right quite a bit. The one-hand control on the chair will spin it in place, one track forward, the other back, and silently. Rotating that much in a regular chair would require releasing the brakes, putting the rifle down, and reaching down and turning the chair wheels. Awkward and a lot of movement. He's so happy and thankful I don't think he's returned to Earth yet. EE2

Congratulations to your son. What a great story on overcoming hurtles in life. How great that he has the technology, family, and friends to help him enjoy this hobby.

BYW, that is a great looking buck.

Dan

My way of thought, and it’s not to insult anyone, is, you’re not handicapped unless you allow yourself to be, or think in those ways of being disabled as well.
But that’s me. Sorry if I made anyone upset.

Hawk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back