Yesterday's bird hunt

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
An old friend and I took our shotguns and the dog out for a snowy walk yesterday. Ostensibly we were seeking quail & chukar. Didn't find any, but it was a wonderful day. After we hopped back in the Jeep to head home, I regretted not having the good camera, and having only a cell phone to snap this scene as the bighorns filed past, no more than 50 yards away:

Ls5CFAcl.jpg

Guy

Wow, awesome scenery! Makes up for not bagging your quarry. Oftentimes its finding the unsought treasures that bring value to the day, like the scenery and a day out and about with a friend and dogs.

salmonchaser":3qd84sz7 said:
Excellent, we’re you along the Columbia breaks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chelan Butte, just outside the little town of Chelan, above the Columbia River. It's a state wildlife area. I often hunt birds there. Usually with better results! :)

Guy

Man o man. That had to make your day. Maybe you're used to seeing those, but that looks like a great end of the day to me!

ShadeTree":2338cx7r said:
Man o man. That had to make your day. Maybe you're used to seeing those, but that looks like a great end of the day to me!

I am fortunate enough to live in an area where the bighorns are abundant, and yes, I do see them often. It always brightens my day though. :grin:

z8sN7iKl.jpg

Wow Guy, that would be a pleasant surprise (y).
Blessings my Friend and the best of the New Year to you and your wonderful family.

Blessings,
Dan

Man I would love to hunt Big Horn Sheep but being out of State, I have about a zero percent chance of a tag.
Nice to see you had a Excellent Day afield.

1100 Remington Man":rcq6i88j said:
Man I would love to hunt Big Horn Sheep but being out of State, I have about a zero percent chance of a tag.
Nice to see you had a Excellent Day afield.

Heck, residents have almost no chance of drawing the once-in-a-lifetime tag for bighorn sheep. Odds are against it.

I hope to draw someday, but if not, it's cool just seeing them. I like to go watch them. Kinda cool, being able to go chukar hunting and see the bighorns. Happens a lot.

Regards, Guy

Back