Turkey hunting

salmonchaser

Handloader
Dec 13, 2013
Been meaning to post this, the picture got lost. From four years ago almost to the day. Infinity vs Turkey, 4K damage.
b69a6291d83ea3598037522e03770042.jpg

She wants me to shoot every Turkey we see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I should imagine that a good 12 gauge would work better for bagging the turkey so that you could eat it. Two hundred dollars a pound? :shock: Isn't that about what I spend for moose and/or elk? :roll:

DrMike":tu0eia6a said:
I should imagine that a good 12 gauge would work better for bagging the turkey so that you could eat it. Two hundred dollars a pound? :shock: Isn't that about what I spend for moose and/or elk? :roll:

That's assuming that the bird weight is 20 lbs.
As for venison...
I like it on the grill, not in the grill.

JD338

What really pissed her off was she didn’t realize it was stuck in the grill when she pulled into the market and every one was laughing at her.

Got to love it!

And yes, you can whack a Turkey just fine with a 20 gauge. Bagged a nice one 2 years ago after belly crawling 120 yards, set up a under a bush and called it about 30 yards for a 25 yard shot. First time i killed one stone dead no flopping... kinda like a Lexus hitting it 50 mph. [emoji56]

... my wife says.. fresh turkeys always cost more than frozen turkeys!

Although a frozen one in this case might have cause more damage!

Yikes! they can do some damage, for certain. I had one fly up and knock a side mirror off my truck..

Back