Bear hide

salmonchaser

Handloader
Dec 13, 2013
Last year I took my young guide bear hunting up in the Blue Mountains. He got a dandy. He just picked up his rug from the Taxidermist. 6’03 inches nose to tail.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

312351431a5ffd410af00d781d2c02ad.jpg

b41dd7fbcd9646486fe182200aa71985.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice! Now you have to get a big enough wall to hang it!

He’s just 20 years old no room at his little place. He tried to hang it in his mothers living room, that did not sell. I’ll attach a pic when he gets it figured out.

salmonchaser":2me3pixu said:
He’s just 20 years old no room at his little place. He tried to hang it in his mothers living room, that did not sell. I’ll attach a pic when he gets it figured out.

Oh, yeah, I know how that can work! Brought home a nice colour phase hide that needed to be kept in the freezer for a couple of days until I could get it to the taxidermist. We came as close to needing marriage counselling as I've ever been! :shock: Needless to say, the hide was not allowed in my wife's freezer, and my good buddy Doug declined to let me stow it in his wife's freezer for a couple of days. :? I just rejoice that I don't get grief when I do hunt and that I have "my space" where I can keep my gear. :mrgreen:

[emoji3]

Really great Bear!

Congratulations to the young hunter!

Very nice looking bear hide. A really good bear is one of my bucket list hunts.

If that young man is hurting for space to display that bear, tell him to spread it out on his bed & sleep under it.

He will be a for real mountain man then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That's a big bear. The rug is beautiful. Congratulations to the young hunter.

JD338

Great looking bear, the hide appears to be in excellent condition! Congrats to the hunter!

Ya, bear skins take up a lot of room. We have several skins rolled up and tucked away, wondering what to do with them. There's only so much wall space/floor space in the house avail for such things.

Back