Looking healthy

salmonchaser

Handloader
Dec 13, 2013
On the way to town yesterday, Mt. Harris in the back ground. We counted 78. There where some good size bulls in the bunch that had recently shed their antlers.
992a63d1989f2ac1ac5bc2f5f020a8ff.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Always a thrill to see the herd in good shape. Excellent photo.

Actually Bill that photo disceiving. There is still quite a bit of snow down to about 3600 feet. Still snow just a little ways out of Summerville.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

like Indian women, all mountains are not created equal . I have been compared to Brenda Schad and Rita Coolidge, although I am not a model nor can I sing, but I am an Indian and female LOL

They look good. Is this herd, in a location you hunt or are allowed to hunt ?

When do you head North ?

Thankful Otter":220drpbp said:
like Indian women, all mountains are not created equal . I have been compared to Brenda Schad and Rita Coolidge, although I am not a model nor can I sing, but I am an Indian and female LOL

They look good. Is this herd, in a location you hunt or are allowed to hunt ?

When do you head North ?
[emoji106]. Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isnt it Amazing- you noted that some of the bulls had appeared to have shed not long ago... in six Months those bulls will be sporting a completely new, potentially massive set of head gear. And they tell moose grow faster still... Cool pic. CL

'[salmonchaser"]Actually Bill that photo disceiving. There is still quite a bit of snow down to about 3600 feet. Still snow just a little ways out of Summerville'.

Dad and i killed two first day cows off/on the county road just a little south of elgin, not far from there. Loaded them whole, in the back of the pickup. A long time ago, I can't remember the last one I loaded whole

Cheyenne
Up on the hill, that is open ground to hunt. The elk are on private ground in the photo. Ive had permission several times to hunt the base of the hill in the fall. Pretty much guaranteed.
I head north on June 1. First guests arrive June 7.

Bill I think the fella that owns the Alfalfa next field over would have been happy had we driven out there and shot a few!

Back