Pheasant opener- how'd it go.....?

cloverleaf

Handloader
Sep 10, 2006
feeling nostalgic, homesick and a little too old... good memories of friends or family together on a lovely fall afternoon watching the dogs looking for ring necks.
One of Guys photo's
printscreen

An old one of Dad

How did your hunt go? CL

Haven't been out for pheasant yet this season CL.

Heading out for mule deer later this week, and will get the dog afield for pheasant soon afterwards.

Yes, pheasants are very much a friends & family type hunt with me. (y)

Thanks for the good memories.

Regards, Guy

My first pheasant hunt was at age 10, and here I am in my mid 60's - and it's still my favorite hunt!

Took my friend's son on his first pheasant hunt last season. He loved it. Heck of a shot, and was using his grandfathers shotgun!
29rpYBHl.jpg

One might get the impression that my dog and I enjoy pheasant hunting:
HlMgHNll.jpg

My son loves it too:
dlmikmCl.jpg

8WSbU1tl.jpg

2TCkjaSl.jpg

Dog, son, friends, and I are all eager to get after 'em again this year. I swear that the shotguns have been whispering to me from the gun safe as well... :)

Guy

Neat to see the memory of Clark. Gives Maverick something to measure up to.

Beautiful pics all- Guy! Found the one below in memory of a friend Gary, in the pic who passed away a couple weeks ago. Had forgot about this pheasant "shoot" at farm some years ago.

Thees guys worked out a way to strap my wheelchair to the back of a four wheeler so I could watch the dogs work up close and personal.

This one of me and one of the birds my friend paid for me to miss :lol: Gary shot it and claimed he was the one who missed. NA... :)

Look at that young guy.... I meant the bird :) ! I look like the Michelin Man cause it was single digits in february! CL

Not many pheasants around here to chase anymore but I am going up north for a few days of chasing grouse and woodcock with my dad. I have a new 16ga to try out so I can miss with purple shells for a change

It's been a few years since I went pheasant hunting. I've always enjoyed bird hunting. I need to get out soon and break in my Beretta Silver Pigeon!

JD338

Back