2009 Hunt for a Cure

Nosler4

Handloader
Apr 13, 2006
A member of the forum's son was drawn for the 2009 "Hunt for a Cure" turkey hunt to benefit St. Jude Children's Hospital. He is requesting donations from anyone who can and would like to contribute. He should be following up this post with more information for those interested. You can get more info at:

http://www.huntingforacure.net/

We usually don't post this kind of thing on the forum but as it is for a contributing member and is for a good cause, I thought it was appropriate.

Thanks for reading.

As the previous post stated, my 13 year old son was drawn to participate in the 2009 St. Jude Hunting for a Cure Youth Turkey Hunt. First and foremost we would like to say a big THANK YOU to Nosler for allowing us to post this on the forum.
In addition to him getting to participate in the hunt portion of this event he is also being asked to collect donations for this great cause. There will be special recognition given to the youth that raises the most donations. And that's where all of you come in. Not only is St. Jude a wonderful hospital, remember that's where children can receive whatever medical care is necessary regardless of the parent/guardians ability to pay, but I feel that this experience as a whole will be a blessing to my son for years to come. That's why we are asking that anyone with the ability to make a donation would PLEASE do so. Neither of my children have ever had to be without insurance and I'd rather not even imagine how stressful it would be to be in a situation where my child needed medical attention and could possibly be turned away because of no insurance. So please help my son raise what I'm sure is much needed funds for this wonderful hospital. I believe that anyone willing to make a donation would receive a blessing in doing so. Here is a web address that can be used to access a PayPal account that's been set up specifically for this cause:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... _id=509612

Before the hunt we will post the total amount donated.
Thanks in advance,
Jeff and Taylor

Thanks to you, we all appreciate it. And hope you have a good hunting season!
Jeff

This pay pal account is in limbo right now. I will contact you hopefully within 24 hours, as to whither or not Pay pal will allow us to continue this as a non profit account or if we need to " RE-Word " it to :roll: say "SPONSORSHIP" Either way, it is still non profit and for a good cause. For those of you who have already donated, if paypal decides to allow you donation to stand I will let you know. If they dont paypal will refund it to your account automatically. I am sorry for this headache or hold up. I appreciate your help and understanding.
Jeff

What is the latest on the paypal situation? I would be happy to donate to this one. My wife and I have donated to ST. Judes every month, for the last ten years. Hubcap

The Email I recieved Just before the notification of this last post informed me that the pay pal account has been restored! That means that We can start accepting Donations again as of now. Thank you all so much for your patience,
Jeff And Tater

Keep the donations coming! The hunt isn't until March of 2009, so there is plenty of time!
Thanks to all who have already donated!
JDMAG

No problem! Thanks, I hope the bullets and brass serve you as well as your donation will serve the kids! :grin: Thanks for the extra also! it is appreciated
Thanks again,
JDMAG

There was an episode on the out door channel called "higher Ground" that featured the St' Jude's hunting for a cure program today.
I am proud my son is involved in this hunt.
Tatersdad

I know this is a sticky, just thought I'd remind y'all that there is just over a month left to donate. Thanks for all the donations so far!
JDMAG

Next week is the last week to make a donation to St. Jude's. We will be closeing the account shortly before the 20th and writeing a check to St. Jude's.
Thanks!
JD & Tater

Back