300 Win Mag 200gr Partition

SJB358

Ballistician
Dec 24, 2006
Here are some pictures of recovered 200gr PT's out of my buddies 300WM. They were running about 2950FPS or so out of his rifle and still look pretty excellent. Jugs were at 20 yards or so. I wanna say they went into about 6 jugs at that range. The 7WSM and 264WM go about 5. Scotty

DSC_2956.jpg

DSC_2955.jpg

DSC_2954.jpg

I do like that 200 grain PT. I chose to load a couple of 300 WBYs recently with the 200 grain AB, however. I believe either will carry the goods to game.

That is one of my favorite bullets for the 300 Mags. Plenty of penetration on the bigger animals yet it still opens up on deer sized game.

JD338

Folks can say all they want, but the only two bullets that can compare with the Partition for dispatching tough game, happen to be bonded bullets and that is the A-Frame and North Fork (my pinion on the North Fork since I have not hunted with them but my experience with the A-Frame since I have). Yet in saying that, the Partition can not only dispatch tough game quickly but will take out lesser game quickly due to the none bonded front.

Back