180AB & 200AB

Richracer1

Handloader
May 12, 2005
First is a 180AB I recovered from a CA hog. him off. The rifle was a 300RUM and the shot was about 40 yds.
31DecPig.jpg

180AB3.jpg

180AB2.jpg

180AB1.jpg

180AB4.jpg

This is the 200AB I recovered from my first ever bull elk, a spike. Rifle was my 300RUM and the shot was about 150yds. I do have to mention that this bullet went through the spine, the offside shoulder blade and lodeged in the skin.
200ABElk.jpg

200ABElk-1.jpg

200ABElk-2.jpg

I would say both of those tests were pretty extreme for the bullet and they held together and penetrated as well as I think anyone could expect! Great pictures! How was the hog to eat?

Pretty tough demands placed on the bullet in either case, and it came through in wonderful fashion.

Richracer1":1sixieip said:
All of the hogs I got were far better to eat than a water-filled milk jug.

Now seriously, the meat from the CA hogs I took, ranging from a gutted weight of 16lbs to 288lbs, were all good eating pork. The piglest were the best, but we smoked them.

C.Smith":2p2wdpe2 said:
I like. How was the damage from that 180 grain out of your RUM?

Corey

First off, the initial shot hit a hind leg bone, which basically blew up and shreded the surrounding meat. That leg was basically a loss. The 2nd shot was in the right spot and did very little damage to the carcass.

Great thanks. I'm going to be using that in my 300 RUM this year for elk and bear.

Corey

Back