180gr AB / 300WSM

SJB358

Ballistician
Dec 24, 2006
Here are a couple of David's son's recovered 180gr AB's from his elk. I will let David add the details of the bullets, but man, it gets me excited! Bullet looks pretty darned awesome. Scotty

180grAccubond-ELK-300WSM004.jpg

180grAccubond-ELK-300WSM003.jpg

That bullet came from this beast!

Jeffelk2011001.jpg

Jeffelk2011006.jpg

Looks like perfect bullet performance, congratulations on the elk too.

Short and sweet, it was a 90 yard shot at first light on 4 head found in this park. He made a great shot which broke ribs going in on the right side, hit the bottom of the spine, and then angled down into the left shoulder and took out the shoulder bone. The bullet was lodged in the meat under the hide.

The bullet weighed 116 grs. - 64% retention - expanded to .616

Love those Noslers!!

Scotty I had to borrow your bullet background because it's a great way to show off those wonderful Noslers.
David

6mm Remington":1qy3bnmk said:
Scotty I had to borrow your bullet background because it's a great way to show off those wonderful Noslers.
David

No worries! Same here, the AB's growing on me too. SLOWLY though.. Scotty

Good hunting.

I don't see how more could be asked from a 180 gr .30 cal hunting bullet. That appears to be terrific performance!

That is certainly very encouraging. This is the bullet I'm going to probably use for everything in my 300.

Corey

Great shot and terrific bullet performance, just perfect in fact with a 180 gr .300 bullet. Nice elk and great performance.

Right now the 180 AB's are a front runner for a primary elk rifle for next year. We are thinking of hunting an area with alot of hiking and the 300WSM might be just the ticket..

The 180's are pretty accurate so far. I loaded up a batch varying the seating depth to see if anything stands out, but with my current load at 2.915" they seem to be shooting pretty well.

Back