accubond vs nosler C/T

richwfrost

Beginner
Dec 20, 2011
Ive hunted accubonds for years,,,300 win mag. just started re-loading and experimenting with the C/T bullets thinking the # of rounds through my old model 70 might have less wear on barrel with the C/Ts...any thoughts on performance differnce hunting with the C/Ts vs accubonds...thanks...Rich

Rich, I'm not sure if a mortal man like us would ever be able to tell the difference. Both are great bullets but identical.

Rich,

The AB is a bonded bullet while the CT bullet is a BT sold to Winchester who adds their Lubalox coating. Even thought they look almost identical, except for the CT Lubalox coating, they are different bullets that perform differently on game.
I don't think the Lubalox coating is going to make a difference on bore wear. Keep your barrel cool and clean to get the maximum life from your barrel.

JD338

probably ought to ust stick with the ABs, thought would be fun to find a good high velocity load for the 168 CT... any preferred recipes ...thanks for all

Rich,

RL 22 would be a good one to look at in hte 300 WM. I have only loaded 180 gr bullets and RL 22 shot very well in 3 different rifles.

JD338

JD338":3dsrkmxw said:
Rich,

The AB is a bonded bullet while the CT bullet is a BT sold to Winchester who adds their Lubalox coating. Even thought they look almost identical, except for the CT Lubalox coating, they are different bullets that perform differently on game.
I don't think the Lubalox coating is going to make a difference on bore wear. Keep your barrel cool and clean to get the maximum life from your barrel.

JD338

Jim's right, I thought we were comparing the CT Accubonds to the plain Nosler uncoated AB's. I ran the 140 CT AB's in the 270WSM with excellent results, but plain old uncoated AB's shoot identical in handloads. I apologize, got mixed up.. Didn't wanna pass bad gouge..

Back