30-06 165 gr. Accubond at 25 yards

6mm Remington

Ammo Smith
Feb 27, 2006
It went through 5 jugs and hit jug number 6 and pushed it on the board a bit. This is how I found it laying on the boards.
Bullettests-5-4-12008.jpg

Bullettests-5-4-12009.jpg

Bullettests-5-4-12025.jpg

Bullettests-5-4-12026.jpg

Sure like those Accubonds!

Nice! It doesn't get any better than that David.

JD338

Classic mushroom. That will work for about any game you would want to hunt.

Wow, that is EXCELLENT David. Now I am kinda glad I spent the time to work up a load for my little 308 with the 165 AB. Almost makes me wanna order some more of them.

Nice catch!..picture perfect as well. Gotta love the 165's in the 30-06, speed of the 150gr, and power of the 180gr, it's a perfect blend...Lou

Looking at that picture, it just might be the nicest AB mushroom I have seen yet. .. Even and just, well, nice!

It's pretty hard to beat it Charlie! It sure works sweet. I can't wait to try it out on a spring bear hopefully!!
David

David, I have a .30-06 also, a Model 70 Composite (now Sporter) that I bought in the mid 1990's. I shoot the 165 Partition in it and except for a couple of deer, I have never shot anything bigger with it. Plus, the 165 PT goes right through deer in every .30-06 I have owned. I get about 2860 fps out of the rifle's 24 inch tube and it is highly accurate. I guess that I will have to use it more after seeing that bullet?
Charlie

Oldtrader3":2vyqguhf said:
David, I have a .30-06 also, a Model 70 Composite (now Sporter) that I bought in the mid 1990's. I shoot the 165 Partition in it and except for a couple of deer, I have never shot anything bigger with it. Plus, the 165 PT goes right through deer in every .30-06 I have owned. I get about 2860 fps out of the rifle's 24 inch tube and it is highly accurate. I guess that I will have to use it more after seeing that bullet?
Charlie
That Partition will work wonderfully for you for anything you want to hunt with it. I just started loading the AccuBond as I wanted to see how they worked. They shoot about the same as the Partition in this rifle, both about 1/2" for 3 shots if the shooter does his part. There is nothing and I mean nothing wrong with those Partitions. I love them as well.

Very impressive. Now I really can't wait for my 165 Accubonds to get here.

You're getting very good velocity with that load. I only get about 2800 fps with 165s. You've got to be happy with that performance.

ROVERT":18swuzc5 said:
Very impressive. Now I really can't wait for my 165 Accubonds to get here.

You're getting very good velocity with that load. I only get about 2800 fps with 165s. You've got to be happy with that performance.
I am Trevor. It helps too that my #1B has a 26" barrel on it. Milking it for all it's worth!

Back