Remington Express Ammunition 30-06 Accelerator 55gr Ammo?

trsmith1818

Beginner
Jul 17, 2011
Anyone have any experiences with this ammo? I have a 30-06 and have been looking for some "varmint" light bullets. If not anyone know of any other ammo under 100gr for the 30-06?

Attachments

• bullet.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 3,589
Never used the "Accelerator" - it's been around for a long time. Had a poor reputation for accuracy in the past. Perhaps they've solved that?

For varmint shooting with the .30-06 and the .308 Win, I've often used the 110 Sierra JHP and the 130 Speer HP with excellent accuracy and serious splat-factor on rockchucks & ground squirrels.

Guy

I still have a parial box from way back when Remington introduced them.
As I recall, they didn't shoot all that good in my M700 BDL.

Remington offered Accelerators in 30-06, 308 Win and 30-30.

JD338

Maybe the accelerator has improved? I tried them in a .308 Featherweight and did not get the level of accuracy that I wanted.

I've never known anyone that obtained the accuracy they wanted to see with the Accelerator.

I like the 110 Vmax with 25grs IMR-sr4759 from my 30/06's for varmints. There is zero recoil and if I remember right it's in the 2300fps range.

I bought a box bck when they first came out. I tried them in a Mauser 30-06 and 30-06 Ruger #1B. IIRC, the mauser might have done about two inches and the Ruger 3.5 inches. Very diappointing considering the hype Remington was putting out at the time. I don't doubt the velocity claims but accuracy just plain flat out sucked. :( Too bad. Apparently they shoot good in one rifle and lousy in another. About all you can do is gamble the price of a box and try them.
Paul B.

I made my own with 30 caliber sabots. Phenomenal velocity abysmal accuracy from a tackdriver. :cry:

thanks for the link FOTIS, toying woth the idea of trying this. Something about 4000+ fps from my .30-06 has me very interested

I couldn't get them to feed in my 700. It turned it into a single shot, with terrible accuracy.

Back