.308 175 grain Ballistic Tip???

andrewctillman

Beginner
Feb 6, 2013
This may not be the right place to ask, but does Nosler have any plans on making a .308 diameter 175 grain Ballistic Tip for versatile .308 match shooters who also want to use the same load for hunting?

The 175 grain BTHP has replaced the 168 grain as the most popular (and mil spec) 600-1000 yard bullet.

Can a 175 Ballistic Tip be far behind?

No military RFP. I am sure the judge advocate would not approve, but the rest of us will standardize on it I can assure you.

Not meaning to take anything away from the OP's question.just adding to it.

The ABLR bullets...I'd like to see a 168 grain bullet there...I'm a long time fan of the 168 BT, and I'm still stockpiling them as the budget allows...but a bonded version with a little better BC would be super!

If not a 168....then a 175 would be the next best thing.

I do realize that a bullet that light doesn't give you (Nosler) a lot to work with as far as maximizing the ballistic potential...but I bet it would still sell...

Heck....myself, I'd be satisfied with just a plain 168 grain AccuBond.

I'm stuck on 168 grains...it, to me, strikes the perfect balance for a 600 yard deer bullet from a non magnum cartridge...its suitable for both the 308 and the 30-06.

The tried and true 168 Ballistic Tip is awesome...so a bonded version just seems like the next evolution.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Ridgerunner and I are on the same track.

My very accurate (Sinclair built) Tactical 40X with Badger Creek AI magazine conversion and McMillan stock, w 20 inch barrel is almost bench rest quality. More accurate than I am as a reloader or a shooter.

It will hold 168 Federal (2680 fps), 175 Black Hills (2620 fps), or 165 Nosler BT (max accuracy load w BLC-2) at 2750 fps to within about 1/2 inch of eachother at 100 yds.

for long range I need three separate range table cards. Ugh!

Id like to use one load, one rifle.

I too would like a ballistically matched AccuBond for hunting or barrier blind (anti auto wind shield) load.

If the 168 combo was available I would use it but would prefer the 175 for past 600.

I certainly would not shoot game that far but it is so much easier to remember one range card "come ups" would be nice to standardize.

Run 168's at 308 velocities it shouldn't have any problems and if I recall correctly has a higher BC than the CC might not match the 175 CC but I think they are dang close. Although a bonded 175 would be sweet.

Back