165 Partition from a 30-06

That's pretty darned good. Mine was from the 5th jug. This bullet will take care of most things real well.

Dr. Mike - you've got those Big Moose up there, would you prefer a heavier .30 cal bullet for them? I have never hunted moose but would be inclined to bump up to a 180 or 200 grain Nosler for those Big Moose & grizzlies... What do you think?

Thanks, Guy

Guy Miner":xo9uckub said:
That's pretty darned good. Mine was from the 5th jug. This bullet will take care of most things real well.

Dr. Mike - you've got those Big Moose up there, would you prefer a heavier .30 cal bullet for them? I have never hunted moose but would be inclined to bump up to a 180 or 200 grain Nosler for those Big Moose & grizzlies... What do you think?

Thanks, Guy

I personally prefer heavy for calibre. However, that is more because I'm old school than because it is required. ! 165 grain bullet is adequate for moose and elk. It is more a question of knowing one's limits of ability for good shot placement than anything else. Also, the monolithic bullets are a game changer. Still, I'd be comfortable using a 165 grain bullet from my 30-06 or 300 WSM when tackling moose or elk. Grizzly? Being somewhat cowardly, I like lots of mass--as much mass as I can sling--on target. :shock: Don't want to irritate those bad boys.

Love it!

Thanks for weighing in on the weighty subject of bullet weight... :mrgreen:

Back