200 grain PT / 300 Weatherby / 6 jugs

SJB358

Ballistician
Dec 24, 2006
Well, I had a chance to shoot my boys 300 Weatherby yesterday after adding some for end pressure.

Anyhow, I had a couple of test rounds loaded up and figured I'd run one into the jugs..

No real surprise here, just good old performance.. Plus, it probably hit the jugs at about an estimated 3000-3050. Fotis would have a better idea about the actual speed.

6 jugs is pretty awesome big game performance. Wouldn't be scared to hunt much of anything with this bullet..

Pretty good performance..

Excellent performance Scotty.
You have everything covered from WT deer to Moose.

JD338

Without a doubt Jim. They seem to shoot decent from his rifle as well..

Picture perfect performance. That'll do for about anything you'd ever want to hunt in NA and much of the remainder of the world.

I do not know many critters that can take that and walk away!

That is the classic load from a gun like a 300 Weatherby, I would hunt anything here with that load from just off the muzzle to way out there. Great bullet for sure........

Serious bullet, from a serious cartridge.

You're right Scotty - I'd hunt most anything with that combo.

Even rock chucks... :mrgreen:

nvbroncrider":30zf7cfm said:
Well those partitions are boring. Wonder what the 9.3 version will do? Any bets on boring?
Really boring Jake but you better test some for us anyway just so we can see! You must post pictures also. :p :lol:

6mm Remington":2e8lp2wi said:
nvbroncrider":2e8lp2wi said:
Well those partitions are boring. Wonder what the 9.3 version will do? Any bets on boring?
Really boring Jake but you better test some for us anyway just so we can see! You must post pictures also. :p :lol:

Good advice, that. Get with the program, Jake! :grin:

DrMike":3ck5v2mk said:
6mm Remington":3ck5v2mk said:
nvbroncrider":3ck5v2mk said:

Good advice, that. Get with the program, Jake! :grin:

Man you guys are brutal. Give a working man a break!

We're exhausting ourselves just keeping you motivated to do the really important things in life, Jake. :grin:

DrMike":3cg4hvgo said:
We're exhausting ourselves just keeping you motivated to do the really important things in life, Jake. :grin:

I gotta agree with the Doc....

Outstanding performance but it seems Partitions do that with boring regularity. :)

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Teknys":ytarepp8 said:
Man ... This is too much. I'm going to watch the SPS for 200gn PTs now.

Same here. I bought a bunch of them a few years ago, but between not using them for too much I have traded a bunch away. Need to keep my eyes open for some more...

Back